Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 4A0-101 topic 3 question 52 discussion

Actual exam question from Alcatel-Lucent's 4A0-101
Question #: 52
Topic #: 3
[All 4A0-101 Questions]

An interface is configured on a router for OSPF but the command "show router ospf neighbor" does not show any neighbors. Which of the following is NOT a possible cause?

• A. An OSPF database description packet has not been received from the neighbor.
  • B. The interface facing the neighbor is down.
  • C. The interface is included in a different area than the neighbor router.
  • D. The router has not received a valid OSPF Hello packet from its neighbor.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
DracoD
3 years, 3 months ago
I'm not sure about the given answer. If the command 'show router ospf neighbor' doesn't show any entry, then they have not even sent Hello packets. Usually the command would show any one of the adjacency state. If the port or interface is Admin Down, the show command will not show any output/entry. Like if the neighbor has gone down, but the router is still sending Hello Packets, it will show Down. If there is some kind of mismatch in the Neighbor adjacency during Hello packets, it will show Init. If they have started to send DBD packets and not forming adjacency after that, it probably would be stuck as Exstart. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
upvoted 1 times
DracoD
3 years, 3 months ago
My bad. I read the question wrong. I missed the 'NOT' in the second part of the question.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...