Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 4A0-100 topic 2 question 29 discussion

Actual exam question from Alcatel-Lucent's 4A0-100
Question #: 29
Topic #: 2
[All 4A0-100 Questions]

Host A receives a TCP SYN/ACK segment. What does this signify?

• A. Host A has received a request to establish a TCP session.
  • B. Host A has received a request to close a TCP session
  • C. A TCP session is now established to host A.
  • D. The TCP session has been terminated due to a timeout.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
tiagodfm
3 years, 3 months ago
Since Host A is receiving a SYN/ACK, it means it has initiated the request to establish a session. When Host B(?) send this SYN/ACK, it confirms the session in the direction Host A->Host B, and is establishing its own connection towards A. I think that the right answer is A ( Host A received a request to establish a TCP session - SYN). Option C would be right if it said "A TCP session is now established to Host B", because Host A still didn't ACKed the requested session.... please correct me if I'm wrong, thank you
upvoted 1 times
tiagodfm
3 years, 3 months ago
Since Host A is receiving a SYN/ACK, it means it has initiated the request to establish a session. When Host B(?) send this SYN/ACK, it confirms the session in the direction Host A->Host B, and is establishing its own connection towards A. I think that the right answer is A ( Host A requested to establish a session and is now receiving the ACK). Option C would be right if it said "A TCP session is now established to Host B", because Host A still didn't ACKed the requested session.... please correct me if I'm wrong, thank you!
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...