Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 156-215.80 topic 1 question 72 discussion

Actual exam question from Checkpoint's 156-215.80
Question #: 72
Topic #: 1
[All 156-215.80 Questions]

In R80, Unified Policy is a combination of

• A. Access control policy, QoS Policy, Desktop Security Policy and endpoint policy.
  • B. Access control policy, QoS Policy, Desktop Security Policy and Threat Prevention Policy.
  • C. Firewall policy, address Translation and application and URL filtering, QoS Policy, Desktop Security Policy and Threat Prevention Policy.
  • D. Access control policy, QoS Policy, Desktop Security Policy and VPN policy.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️
D is the best answer given the choices.

Unified Policy -
In R80 the Access Control policy unifies the policies of these pre-R80 Software Blades:
✑ Firewall and VPN
✑ Application Control and URL Filtering
✑ Identity Awareness
✑ Data Awareness
✑ Mobile Access
✑ Security Zones
Reference:
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80/CP_R80_SecMGMT/html_frameset.htm?topic=documents/R80/
CP_R80_SecMGMT/126197&anchor=o129934

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Alpha9
Highly Voted 4 years, 8 months ago
The answer is B for R80 : A unified policy is a combination of Access control, QoS, Desktop Security and Threat Prevention policies. Source : Security Administration Student Manual, R80 edition, p 64
upvoted 18 times
zut
Most Recent 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
(D is not correct, VPN is already part of access control policy)
upvoted 1 times
djexpert
1 year, 10 months ago
Answer c In R80 the Access Control policy unifies the policies of these pre-R80 Software Blades: ✑ Firewall and VPN ✑ Application Control and URL Filtering ✑ Identity Awareness ✑ Data Awareness ✑ Mobile Access ✑ Security Zones Reference: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80/CP_R80_SecMGMT/html_frameset.htm?topic=documents/R80/ CP_R80_SecMGMT/126197&anchor=o129934
upvoted 1 times
Hernan_Mella
1 year, 10 months ago
Selected Answer: D
not threat Prevention or Endpoint is part of Access Control Unify Policy
upvoted 2 times
Yenrab
2 years ago
I suppose technically speaking, none are entirely correct but taken as a whole, I'm going with "C".
upvoted 1 times
xebato
2 years, 2 months ago
I can say answer is C: CP R80.40 Security Management AdminGuide (P.169) Define one, unified Access Control Policy. The Access Control Policy lets you create a simple and granular Rule Base that combines all these Access Control features: n Firewall - Control access to and from the internal network. n Application & URL Filtering - Block applications and sites. n Content Awareness - Restrict the Data Types that users can upload or download. n IPsec VPN and Mobile Access - Configure secure communication with Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN. n Identity Awareness - Identify users, computers, and networks.
upvoted 2 times
sialuk
2 years, 4 months ago
I will stick with D. I have R80.40 and Threat prevention blade is separate from Access Control policy. So any answer with Threat Prevention is out. A has endpoint policy which falls under Threat Prevention.
upvoted 2 times
DUGDUGDUG
2 years, 9 months ago
It's C. Access Control Policy didn't exist until R80, before it was a Firewall Policy. So..... a Unified Access Control Policy can't Unify/Combine it's self. It's a trick Question!
upvoted 1 times
NLT
2 years, 11 months ago
Please refer to this link. Introducing the Unified Access Control Policy from R80.10 Admin Guide https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.10_NexGenSecurityGateway_Guide/html_frameset.htm Firewall App control & URL filtering Content Awareness IPSec VPN and Mobile Access Identity Awareness
upvoted 2 times
look for Working with policy packages. https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80/CP_R80_SecMGMT/html_frameset.htm?topic=documents/R80/CP_R80_SecMGMT/126197&anchor=o129934
upvoted 1 times
mauchi
3 years, 3 months ago
To me, since the question is quite global, I would also chose B. However, Access Control Policy and Threat prevention policy also in themselves are unified policies, since they already encompass in their respective rule bases a group of security aspects. As in the CCSA book (page 129): "The unified Access Control policy is both data and application ware. It unifies the Firewall, NAT, Application Control and URL Filtering [...]" "The Threat Prevention policy unifies the IPS, Antivirus, Anti-Bot and Threat Emulation software Blade policies [...]." The reference to those 4 policy packages of answer B: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80/CP_R80_SecMGMT/html_frameset.htm?topic=documents/R80/CP_R80_SecMGMT/119225
upvoted 2 times
Sreekumarm19
3 years, 3 months ago
Can some one help me with correct answer I am so confused now which is the correct answer D or B
upvoted 1 times
andros
3 years, 2 months ago
Correct Answer is B Security Administration Student Manual, R80 edition, p 64
upvoted 2 times
babajana
3 years, 4 months ago
B is correct
upvoted 2 times
utt
4 years, 4 months ago
answer is B Source: CCSA R80 Theory page 64_Unified Policy
upvoted 4 times
oussasm987
4 years, 1 month ago
I agree it's B
upvoted 6 times
babajana
3 years, 4 months ago
please link
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...