Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 1Y0-403 topic 1 question 18 discussion

Actual exam question from Citrix's 1Y0-403
Question #: 18
Topic #: 1
[All 1Y0-403 Questions]

Scenario:
A Citrix Architect is designing a new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment. The architect has identified the requirements, based on the assessment and early stages of the design.
Click the Exhibit button to view the requirements.

Additionally, the IT team identified 2 provisioning strategy requirements:
✑ Should be compatible with planned design decisions
✑ Should minimize required time to perform image and application updates
Which provisioning method should the architect use for the environment, based on the design decisions and requirements shown in the exhibit?

• A. Machine Creation Services (MCS) with App Layering
  • B. Manual Provisioning with App Layering
  • C. Manual Provisioning
  • D. Citrix Provisioning with App Layering
  • E. Citrix Provisioning
  • F. Machine Creation Services (MCS)
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
cloudaccount
Highly Voted 3 years, 5 months ago
B and C are incorrect because manual provisioning extends the overall administration time. D and E are incorrect because Citrix Provisioning does not provide public cloud support. A is correct because MCS combined with AppLayering provides the highest level of automation and least amount of administrative effort.
upvoted 17 times
Bobo11
3 years, 5 months ago
Correct explanation!
upvoted 1 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 2 months ago
we can do pvs in azure already https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/provisioning/current-release/configure/configure-azure.html but on the exam my answer for this question would be B [MCS+AppLayering]
upvoted 2 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 2 months ago
some typo, my bad, I mean A [MCS+AppLayering]
upvoted 2 times
d0bermannn
Highly Voted 2 years, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: A
we can do pvs in azure already https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/provisioning/current-release/configure/configure-azure.html but on the exam my answer for this question would be A [MCS+AppLayering]
upvoted 6 times
cris66
Most Recent 1 year, 3 months ago
Why not F. MCS. Use of App Layering is overcomplicating the setup and is slow and complex Just because 15 users require an app is not enough reason to use App Layering. Justifications for app layering that Citrix gives are: 1. you have more than 10 or more separate images to maintain on various OS. 2. Multiple hypervisors. 3. Require portability between different hypervisors. In the real world I don't think you should use App Layering for this case.
upvoted 2 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: D
we can do pvs in azure already https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/provisioning/current-release/configure/configure-azure.html but on the exam my answer for this question would be B [MCS+AppLayering]
upvoted 1 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 2 months ago
some typo, my bad, I mean A [MCS+AppLayering]
upvoted 3 times
jdstroy
2 years, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: A
For sure it's A!
upvoted 5 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 2 months ago
I would not be so sure now as we can do pvs in azure already https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/provisioning/current-release/configure/configure-azure.html but on the exam my answer for this question would be A [MCS+AppLayering] ))
upvoted 2 times
dan1111
2 years, 4 months ago
I would go for A, because it says "minimize required time to perform image and app updates" - with manual provisioning you need more time to do windows updates.
upvoted 2 times
maurizio_n91
2 years, 9 months ago
A is right MCS+app layering (msc in public cloud (pvs not supported), in addition with few kind of users that need applications, use elastic layer, so app layering)
upvoted 1 times
kepler
3 years, 3 months ago
A is correct. @cloudaccount explains it well. In addition, for the 15 users (out of 1,000 licenses), this is a sure use case for Elastic layer- App Layering
upvoted 3 times
psg1211
3 years, 6 months ago
Why A is incorrect?
upvoted 1 times
bonepin
3 years, 6 months ago
I think A is correct
upvoted 5 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...