Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 1Y0-403 topic 1 question 30 discussion

Actual exam question from Citrix's 1Y0-403
Question #: 30
Topic #: 1
[All 1Y0-403 Questions]

Scenario: A Citrix Architect is designing a new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment.
The table in the exhibit lists details about the requirements of the current user groups and their Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) machine workloads.
Click the Exhibit button to view the table.

The architect should scale the hardware used to host the virtual machines (VMs) for User Group 1 to __________ cores. (Choose the correct option to complete the sentence.)

• A. 32
  • B. 64
  • C. 96
  • D. 24
  • E. 16
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
[Removed]
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
Guys you need to understand that you don't need to apply magic number when Overcommit ratio is given. the overcommit ratio is the magic number in that case its 8. This means required VM vCPU = 2 * 40 = 80. So cores on host = 80/8 = 10 that means 16 is the closest. I recently passed the Exam and came here to clarify on few question for people also that this is dump is not 100 percent as is in exam but 30-40 % . But If you will understand the concept in these questions you will get through for sure. Like I prepared with Official syllabus understood all the concept. and didi a mock like with this exam and refreshed my concept where I missed the helped in the exam. Many questions looks exact same but the question is changed. So I hope this will help you guys. I will check back this question and the number 1 question in this dump, drop me question in this discussion or question number 1. if anyone need help. Good luck Folks.
upvoted 16 times
jdstroy
Highly Voted 2 years, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: E
Overcommit ratio 8:1: 8 vCPU sharing one core. Nothing more - so no magic number calc. Use 2*40/8=10 => 16 is closest!
upvoted 5 times
certhunterfembot
Most Recent 3 years, 2 months ago
Regarding the comments calling for 24 cores: Why would we need MORE cores in the host if we are overcommitting? That doesn't make sense. The point of overcommitting is to get a greater user/desktop density per host. 16 cores gets us there. https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/tech-zone/design/design-decisions/single-server-scalability.html#scalability-factors
upvoted 3 times
kirshad
3 years, 5 months ago
2vCpu x 40=80vcpu /5 (magic multipliers) =16 + overcommit. So answer D would be correct.
upvoted 2 times
jdstroy
2 years, 3 months ago
No, that's not the way overcommitting works. Overcommit means in this case 8 vCPU sharing one core. Nothing more so no magic number calc. Use 2*40/8=10 => 16 is closest!
upvoted 2 times
Bobo11
3 years, 5 months ago
Too me it is like this: 40Vm's X 2 Cpu's = 80vCPU's per host / 5 (Magic Multiplier for desktops) = 16 ; so answer E is correct.
upvoted 2 times
kepler
3 years, 3 months ago
D is correct. You must factor in overcommit as well. @kirshad calc is correct.
upvoted 2 times
certhunterfembot
3 years, 2 months ago
In what way are you factoring overcommit? What is the formula you are using?
upvoted 1 times
jpgalan
3 years, 6 months ago
I think that the correct is E. 2vcpus*40mvs=80vcpus/5(Magic Multipliers)=16 physical cores. https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/tech-zone/design/design-decisions/single-server-scalability.html#the-magic-multipliers
upvoted 3 times
elun
3 years, 7 months ago
what is the answer if the cpu overcommit is 1.5:1(user group2)
upvoted 2 times
Quietman
2 years, 8 months ago
For the User Group 2: vCPU = 6 x 16 / 1.5 = 64
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...