Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 1Y0-312 topic 1 question 46 discussion

Actual exam question from Citrix's 1Y0-312
Question #: 46
Topic #: 1
[All 1Y0-312 Questions]

Which component must a Citrix Engineer use to configure security settings on User Layer folders?

• A. Delivery Controller
  • B. Site database
  • C. File server
  • D. Enterprise Layer Manager (ELM) Server Management console
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
buster1294
Highly Voted 3 years, 5 months ago
This one is misleading, but I think C is the correct answer. While you configure User Layer Storage Locations from the console, the permissions and security are not set there. That happens on the share on the file server for each location under \Users based on the table in the referenced docs.
upvoted 14 times
ThinhTr
3 years, 5 months ago
I agree wt you
upvoted 3 times
Lacc
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
According to this: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-app-layering/4/layer/enable-user-layers.html#configure-security-settings-on-user-layer-folders D answer is correct "To configure security on user layer folders: Log into the management console."
upvoted 13 times
anupam77
1 year, 9 months ago
Yes, D is correct answer
upvoted 1 times
jintojin
Most Recent 3 months ago
I think D is correct. File share is required but not file server.
upvoted 1 times
ASCII92
7 months ago
Selected Answer: D
See CSantos comment and the link he provide
upvoted 1 times
CSantos
7 months, 1 week ago
Guys it is D, the answer is right here on the Citrix documentation: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-app-layering/4/layer/enable-user-layers.html#configure-security-settings-on-user-layer-folders
upvoted 3 times
ASCII92
7 months ago
This is the correct answer and your link is spot on
upvoted 1 times
hawkens
11 months, 4 weeks ago
Answer is D: To configure security on user layer folders: Log into the management console. Click System > User Layer Storage Locations. The file shares displayed are the storage locations defined for user layers. Say you’ve defined three storage locations so that you can manage storage for Group1 and Group2 separate from everyone else in the organization: ` Default location - \\MyDefaultShare\UserLayerFolder\ Group1 - \\MyGroup1\Share\UserLayerFolder\ Group2 - \\MyGroup2\Share\UserLayerFolder\
upvoted 1 times
cris66
1 year ago
Selected Answer: C
Yes C. in docs shows you add a storage location and configure assignments in the console. https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-app-layering/4/layer/enable-user-layers.html#add-a-storage-location But security is applied directly on file system shares. https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-app-layering/4/layer/enable-user-layers.html#configure-security-settings-on-user-layer-folders
upvoted 1 times
cris66
1 year ago
I am not 100% sure about this without seeing it with my own eyes, as docs do seem to suggest you set security after opening the console, but I think that C is correct as I can not find any screenshots or articles where you are configuring permissions from within console.
upvoted 1 times
RRQ
1 year ago
D. Enterprise Layer Manager (ELM) Server Management console. The Enterprise Layer Manager (ELM) Server Management console is the component that a Citrix Engineer must use to configure security settings on User Layer folders. The ELM console is used to manage the User Layers, which are the layers of user data and settings that are separated from the underlying OS and application layers in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environments. By using the ELM console, the Citrix Engineer can configure the security settings for the User Layers, such as permissions and access control, to ensure that the user data is protected and secured.
upvoted 1 times
Pukacz
1 year ago
I say C https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-app-layering/4/layer/enable-user-layers.html#configure-security-settings-on-user-layer-folders 1. log on to managemnt console 2. designate the storage locations 3. create users subdir in each share 4. Apply the preceding list of security settings to each subdirectory under \Users. -> this is done on file server
upvoted 1 times
EUC_PRO
1 year, 3 months ago
I think that C is the correct answer, as the "security" is the NTFS permissions on the file share.
upvoted 1 times
sborrill
1 year, 3 months ago
Citrix documentation is wrong. https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-app-layering/4/layer/enable-user-layers.html#configure-security-settings-on-user-layer-folders tells you to log into management console To configure security on user layer folders", but then does not do anything related to configuring security settings. C is the right answer for security settings. D is the right answer to mapping user groups to different user layer locations.
upvoted 1 times
CoolReaper
1 year, 8 months ago
Agree with Lacc. D is correct
upvoted 1 times
ctxvad
2 years, 4 months ago
C is the correct answer, you cannot configure security settings in ELM management console, you can only add a storage location (path location where the user folder is on a share). Security settings have to be set on the folder it self (NTFS permissions).
upvoted 3 times
tidus1991
2 years, 6 months ago
Very Poorly question. D & C are correct
upvoted 1 times
examexpert
3 years, 1 month ago
After storage locations are added and configured, the next step is to set security on the user layer folders via the management console.
upvoted 2 times
examexpert
3 years, 1 month ago
D. Enterprise Layer Manager (ELM) Server Management console
upvoted 2 times
Justin_beswick
3 years, 1 month ago
Poorly worded question. In order to configure security settings on user layer folders, you must connect on to the file server create a users folder with the correct permissions. However Lacc's link would suggest once you do, the the sub permissions can be managed by ELM. As this is a Citrix Exam I'd go with D
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...