Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 1Y0-403 topic 1 question 12 discussion

Actual exam question from Citrix's 1Y0-403
Question #: 12
Topic #: 1
[All 1Y0-403 Questions]

After reviewing a Proof of Concept (PoC) environment for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, the corporate security team advises that user access to Regedit, command line, and PowerShell must be disabled.
Which technology can a Citrix Architect use to address this requirement with the least amount of effort?

• A. Citrix ADC Endpoint Analysis (EPA)
  • B. Citrix policies
  • C. Citrix Workspace ADMX templates
  • D. Citrix ADC SmartControl
  • E. Citrix Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
bonepin
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
I think E is correct
upvoted 14 times
jdstroy
Highly Voted 2 years, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: E
You could do it with MS GPOs but the right answer is E!
upvoted 6 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 1 month ago
I am not a WEM fan, but here there is no other option, agreed with E
upvoted 2 times
Fvicente
Most Recent 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: E
For WEM the AppLocker feature just apply security rules to Windows, such as you block the PS to run, and then the Windows will block powershell.exe to launch from anyway.
upvoted 1 times
DipakSanadi
2 years, 3 months ago
WEM correct answare
upvoted 2 times
certhunterfembot
3 years, 2 months ago
I see comments saying that GPO isn't an option, but ADMX templates are designed to go into a GPO, so wouldn't that be an easier option than setting up WEM?
upvoted 2 times
patpatty
3 years, 1 month ago
The point is that there aren't Citrix policies alone can't do this, you also need MS GPOs. Since "Citrix Policies & MS GPO" isn't an answer, it has to be WEM.
upvoted 3 times
3a0f5fb
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Citrix policies aren't Microsoft Group Policies (GPO)
upvoted 1 times
CurryMuncher
3 years, 2 months ago
Gino_ is 100% correct. Thank you Gino_ Look at this gem that I found, it confirms its WEM https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/workspace-environment-management/current-release/reference/environmental-settings-registry-values.html
upvoted 3 times
CurryMuncher
3 years, 2 months ago
Answer is B since they are asking "with the least amount of effort?" all other options would require you to do something and/or implement something.
upvoted 1 times
Gino_
3 years, 2 months ago
You cannot enforce this with Citrix Policies. There is no such setting. You can configure it with MS GPO, but this option is not available. WEM is the only available option.
upvoted 3 times
kepler
3 years, 2 months ago
GPO would have been the best answer, but its not in the list, so the next best answer is WEM (I hate this type of question, as it mentioned "least effort"). WEM requires lots of effort (WEM broker, agent, sql, ).
upvoted 3 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 1 month ago
I am not a WEM fan also, but here there is no other option, agreed with E
upvoted 1 times
TB12isthegreat
3 years, 4 months ago
I think that E is the best answer since Citrix policies are not the same of GPO.....Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't find a way to block these three apps from Citrix Policies....
upvoted 2 times
BeatOn
3 years, 3 months ago
It's E, Citrix Policy cant enforce regedit and cmd execution. if there is no Windows GPO so WEM is the BEST (E)
upvoted 4 times
Bobo11
3 years, 4 months ago
Can be B and E. It is debatable. "Least amount of effort" implies Policies (B) since you already have a Windows environment. Thinking in the Citrix way implies E where you can easily mark those features as not accessible to users. But you have to install a WEm Infrastructure server and configure it. I would go for B.
upvoted 1 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 1 month ago
There is no way to tune any regedit & pwsh start options in ctx policies Agreed that 'least amount of effort' is not about wem, but as we have no ado option, wem in more reliable. Answer is E [assuming we have wem in our infra already)]
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...