Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 1Y0-403 topic 1 question 17 discussion

Actual exam question from Citrix's 1Y0-403
Question #: 17
Topic #: 1
[All 1Y0-403 Questions]

Scenario: An infrastructure team has stated that the new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops virtualization host will have the specifications shown in the exhibit.
Click the Exhibit button to view the specifications.

The design document calls for the VMs to have 2 CPUs and 4 GB RAM.
Approximately how many virtual desktops can be hosted an each physical server?

• A. 190
  • B. 240
  • C. 120
  • D. 60
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️
Reference:
https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/tech-zone/design/design-decisions/single-server-scalability.html
(Example 1)

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Eximius
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
12 physical cores (are they? the question doesnt state if HT is on or off exactly) but the answer is C. 120. 12cores with HT OFF: 4 sockets, so 4X12core CPU's Apply the rule of 5 VMs per physical core when the size is 2vCPU/4GB and you would get: 4x12x5=240 (answer B) However, we only have 512GB in server 240x4=960 (Answer B is wrong) 512GB/4GB= 128VMs: ANSWER C. 120 is correct And now 12cores with HT ON, so we only 6 physical cores. 4 sockets, so 4x6core CPU's Apply the rule of 5 VMs per physical core when the size is 2vCPU/4GB and you would get: 4x6x5=120 120x4=480GB RAM ANSWER C. 120
upvoted 13 times
gh1
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
Total number of cores is 4x12x5=240 Based on example 1 and the note to ignore memory the answer I think is B https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/tech-zone/design/design-decisions/single-server-scalability.html#scalability-factors
upvoted 5 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 2 months ago
I think question is about RAM calc, not CPU and some magic number of it) C is correct 512/4= 120
upvoted 1 times
cris66
1 year, 3 months ago
Im not so sure that you can ignore memory in this case. In the example 1 given. Each host has 768Gb memory which satisfies requirements from the X5 multiplier (180 X 4Gb = 720Gb). But in the question you are way overcommitting memory with answer B:240 as Eximius pointed out. I think it would only be reasonable to presume a minimum 60% idle ratio from Citrix article which would still leave the RAM in effect at 853Gb (and not 960Gb) 60% of 853GB = 512GB. I will go for C: 120 but I'm not sure that the answer could not be A:190. With 190 X 4Gb = 760Gb as that would satisfy the requirement of 60% RAM idle,
upvoted 1 times
rgb511
Most Recent 1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: C
answer C Note it says "hyper threading", so devide 12/2 =6 physical cores now apply citrix recommended formula according to the article: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/tech-zone/design/design-decisions/single-server-scalability.html#the-magic-multipliers 4 sockets * 6 physical cores * 5 CVD = 120 CVDs if you want to calculate for apps (not part of this questions): 4 sockets * 6 physical cores * 10 CVA = 240 CVA
upvoted 2 times
steveleek2
2 years ago
C. 120
upvoted 2 times
ctxvad
2 years ago
I believe this question is about cpu and not memory. It is very well possible to run 150 desktop VM's with 4GB of RAM on a host with only 512GB of RAM in it. We do is also in our environment. It is not possible when you have (NVIDIA) GPU integration. But in thsi scenario it is very well possible. Because it states 4 sockets, 12 cores with hyperthreading, I believe they mean 4 physical CPU's (and all CPU's have hyperthreading these days) so when they say 12 cores with hyperthreading, they mean 12 cores with hyperthreading "on". So the 4 physical CPU's have 6 cores is 4x6x5=120 VM's. Answer C is then the correct answer.
upvoted 1 times
jdstroy
2 years, 2 months ago
this question is meant to trick us. Think no CPU calc is needed. Only RAM! And that is easy 512 : 4 = 128 ...so C is correct!
upvoted 3 times
maurizio_n91
2 years, 10 months ago
C is right 512/4= 120
upvoted 2 times
maurizio_n91
2 years, 10 months ago
512GB/4GB= 128VMs: ANSWER C. 120 is correct
upvoted 2 times
buster1294
3 years, 5 months ago
There are some assumptions being made here, but I think it's safe to assume they mean there are 12 cores PER SOCKET so gh1 is correct. The math is 4x12x5=240. B is the correct answer. Nothing else factors in. Total cores on the box X 5 for VDI. Total cores on the box X 10 for RDSH. That's it.
upvoted 2 times
vikxiqta
3 years ago
Dont we have to divide 240 by 2 as the VMs should have 2 CPUs each to result in 120 VMs and C as answer?
upvoted 2 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 2 months ago
I think question is about RAM calc, not CPU and some magic number of it) C is correct 512/4= 120
upvoted 1 times
B1lly
3 years, 6 months ago
12 physical cores + magic multipliers: 5x12=60 so D is correct.
upvoted 3 times
Bushrod
2 years, 9 months ago
I agree with this answer. From the doc: " Although hyper-threading, clock speeds, and virtual cores are all important, nothing is more important than the number of physical cores on a server"
upvoted 1 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 2 months ago
I think question is about RAM calc, not CPU and some magic number of it)
upvoted 1 times
bobbyhsunshine
8 months ago
If it would be 12 cores in total you would go for a Triple-Core CPU. Unlikely ...
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...