Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 1Y0-312 topic 1 question 56 discussion

Actual exam question from Citrix's 1Y0-312
Question #: 56
Topic #: 1
[All 1Y0-312 Questions]

A Citrix Engineer needs to return an environment back to normal operations after a Disaster Recovery (DR) occurred.
Which two tasks does Citrix recommend to move the users from the backup datacenter to the primary datacenter? (Choose two.)

• A. Terminate existing user sessions.
  • B. Block access to the Disaster Recovery datacenter.
  • C. Enable access to the primary datacenter.
  • D. Block access to the primary datacenter.
  • E. Enable access to the Disaster Recovery datacenter.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AC 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mco_w
Highly Voted 3 years, 4 months ago
Puh, this Question is Tricky. Citrix says the following procedure is the right one: 1. Determine stability in Primary DC 2. Block Access in DR DC (so Answer B could be correct) 3. Terminate active user Sessions in DR DC (so Answer A could be correct) 4. Complete Replication to Primary DC 5. Resume replication to DR DC 6. Enable Access to Primary DC (so Answer C is correct) So I would go with Answer B & C without Warranty
upvoted 12 times
FS83
3 years, 2 months ago
I would say, you dont move users on primary DB, when you currently do a replication. So step 3 would be only for the replication.
upvoted 1 times
Mbtech
3 years ago
I agree with mco_w: it's a "Tricky" question because Citrix does recommend to terminate users. But I would also go with BC without warranty as well.
upvoted 1 times
facebook001
2 years, 1 month ago
is it possible that the question typo. it is select three, not select two. so the correct answer is A,B,C
upvoted 2 times
TedEx2
Highly Voted 3 years, 5 months ago
for me B&C. Why should I terminate the existing sessions? they will drain off at some point..
upvoted 10 times
ASCII92
Most Recent 7 months, 4 weeks ago
Selected Answer: AB
This is a misleading question. I had to verify on the on-demand course from Citrix because I cannot find the answer elsewhere. They recommend the following in a slide. Determine stability in primary datecenter -> Block access to DR datacenter -> Terminate existing sessions in DR datacenter -> Complete replication to primary Datacenter -> Resume Replication to DR datacenter -> Enable Access in primary Datacenter I would go for A-B but I agree with user facebook001. Maybe a typo and you should choose for three and then go for A-B-C.
upvoted 2 times
majkel
1 year, 9 months ago
this question is stupid because A, B and C match Citrix Returning To Normal Operations from DR. I agree with mco_w this question is ambiguous
upvoted 1 times
amasamana2001
2 years, 2 months ago
Answer must be A and C. Block access means for new users which wont help connected users to move. Question is move the users who are connected to DR to Normal so Answer B and D wont be suitable. When moving from DR to normal why do we need to enable access to DR site. So E also does not look suitable. Then A and C are correct.
upvoted 1 times
Fwizy
2 years, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: CE
Tricky Question - I will go with not so popular choice by working in reverse ... 1. Remember DR has already occurred, the underling word should be " Returning to normal operations". Returning to normal operations involves the same steps as failing over to the backup datacenter, in reverse.(Student Manual Pg 175- Key Notes) - This makes C: as my first choice 2. There is also the issue of roaming profiles - If user profile data is required (for example Microsoft roaming profiles or Citrix Profile Management), the profile data must be replicated to the DR location before users access that location. That makes my number 2 best choice E: Locking in (CE)!
upvoted 1 times
ctxvad
2 years, 5 months ago
MCO_W gives the right order, see CWS-315-2I-en-StudentManual-1-3-days-v03.pdf page 175, so answer should be A+B, answer C is correct but it is later in the process.
upvoted 1 times
ctxvad
2 years, 5 months ago
B&C: first you have to block access to DR DC, then enable access to Primary DC, so now everyone can work in the Primary DC and no one can acces the DR DC anymore. Teminating the sessions in the DR DC is then optional, they will drain automatically or you can force them to terminate there sessions. So the best answer if you have to choose two is B&C.
upvoted 1 times
Opurt666
2 years, 8 months ago
A & B. You need to get people out of DR and into Production. You block access (B), then sign everyone out (A). Next steps are to sync the final changes out of DR back into Production then enable access into Prod. You don’t want to leave sessions running, despite the convenience to users, because then you’ll have to deal with active sessions on DR and Prod, and all the data and application issues that would go along with that if the systems aren’t expected to be active/active. Most DR setups are replicating from Prod to DR only, so keeping DR running is going to lead to lost data.
upvoted 2 times
puff91
2 years, 9 months ago
A+B it is explain on the OnDemand course for this certification. However it is true C come after B. But in order it is first A+B.
upvoted 1 times
JenBe
3 years, 5 months ago
Also go with B+C. Terminating sessions only may create a lot of calls at the helpdesk again (like right before the DR)
upvoted 2 times
BeatOn
3 years, 6 months ago
i think A+B
upvoted 3 times
Bob74
3 years, 6 months ago
A is a bit harsh, I wouldn't do it, rather I would B and C. Maybe A and B if its urgent.
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...