Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 1Y0-231 topic 1 question 21 discussion

Actual exam question from Citrix's 1Y0-231
Question #: 21
Topic #: 1
[All 1Y0-231 Questions]

Scenario: A Citrix Administrator needs to test a SAML authentication deployment to be used by internal users while accessing several externally hosted applications. During testing, the administrator notices that after successfully accessing any partner application, subsequent applications seem to launch without any explicit authentication request.
Which statement is true regarding the behavior described above?

• A. It is expected if the Citrix ADC appliance is the common SAML identity provider (IdP) for all partners.
  • B. It is expected due to SAML authentication successfully logging on to all internal applications.
  • C. It is expected if all partner organizations use a common SAML service provider (SP).
  • D. It indicates the SAML authentication has failed and the next available protocol was used.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Vik84
Highly Voted 1 year, 4 months ago
I would say "A". There are two primary types of SAML providers, service provider, and identity provider. A service provider needs the authentication from the identity provider to grant authorization to the user. An identity provider performs the authentication that the end user is who they say they are and sends that data to the service provider along with the user’s access rights for the service.
upvoted 5 times
pa77dab33r
Most Recent 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
As said under Tlab97271' comment, the tex can be found in mentioned link. I'm also agreed with Vik84' oppinion.
upvoted 1 times
Tlab97271
1 year, 1 month ago
I also think A because of this: If the Citrix ADC appliance is configured as a SAML IdP for multiple SAML SP, a user can gain access to applications on the different SPs without explicitly authenticating every time. The Citrix ADC appliance creates a session cookie for the first authentication, and every subsequent request uses this cookie for authentication.
upvoted 2 times
pa77dab33r
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Agreed - the text can be found in the link from RDIO
upvoted 1 times
RDIO
1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: A
I would go with A. https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-adc/current-release/aaa-tm/authentication-methods/saml-authentication/citrix-adc-saml-idp.html#:~:text=If%20the%20Citrix,cookie%20for%20authentication.
upvoted 2 times
sailorsoul
1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Voting for C.
upvoted 1 times
rgb511
1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: C
I would go with C, that all partnets are using the same external SP, so when you authenticate for the 1st partner, any subsequent parter wouldn't require an auth, since all of them are using the same external SP
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...