Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1102 topic 1 question 187 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1102
Question #: 187
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1102 Questions]

SIMULATION
-

Welcome to your first day as a Fictional Company, LLC helpdesk employee. Please work the tickets in your helpdesk ticket queue.

INSTRUCTIONS
-

Click on individual tickets to see the ticket details. View attachments to determine the problem.

Select the appropriate issue from the ‘Issue’ drop-down menu. Then, select the MOST efficient resolution from the ‘Resolution’ drop-down menu. Finally, select the proper command or verification to remediate or confirm your fix of the issue from the ‘Verify/Resolve’ drop-down menu.

If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
IDTENT
Highly Voted 5 months, 3 weeks ago
As per CompTIA's own textbook, pages 441-442: If the disk’s presence is reported by the system firmware but Windows still will not boot, use a startup repair tool to open a recovery mode command prompt, and use the bootrec tool to try to repair the drive’s boot information. I believe the high priority ticket answer is Corrupt OS, Windows Recovery Environment & bootrec based on this specific explanation in CompTIA's textbook.
upvoted 6 times
Hopeful_help
Most Recent 1 week ago
Hope this reference helps to understand the first ticket. https://partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/bootmgr-is-missing.html
upvoted 1 times
Dros345
5 months ago
Ticket 2: Cannot connect to shared resource Remap to drive net use
upvoted 3 times
Dros345
5 months ago
net use command is a Command Prompt command used to connect to, remove, and configure connections to shared resources
upvoted 2 times
Mango7
6 months, 1 week ago
can anybody explain for both tickets? please
upvoted 3 times
Naikba
5 months, 3 weeks ago
yes pleasee anyone
upvoted 2 times
EngAbood
8 months ago
isnt th BSOD ?? its saying error message , perhaps with code , i cant see the attachement >>>)_
upvoted 2 times
Hoshi1215
1 year ago
Can't see the attachment. Just wonder if there are some critical info in it :S
upvoted 1 times
IDTENT
5 months, 3 weeks ago
There isn't any actionable info in that screen, just a blue screen indicating boomgr not found.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
1 year ago
NO UFRONT PAYMENT!! GET CERTIFIED. 100%PASS GUARANTEED. WhatsApp +1(409)223 7790 1. COMPTIA (network+ security+) 2: GMAT,GRE exams 3: IAPP Certifications (CIPP/E CIPM, CIPT) 4: ISACA certifications (CISA,CISM/ CRISC) 5: EC-COUNCIL Certification (CEH , CCISO ) 6: PMI (PMP/CAPM/ACP/PBA ,RMP) 7: IMA (CMA certification) 8: CIA,IFRS, CERTIFICATIONS 12. APICS CERTIFICATIONS, CSCP, CPIM, CLTD Book for online proctor exam and we’ll remotely take the exam for you. Pay us after confirmation of results ITTCA.org WhatsApp +1(409)223 7790
upvoted 2 times
Thapas
1 year ago
After paying for this dump why would someone pay more to take their test.
upvoted 11 times
Amish500
12 months ago
exactly
upvoted 4 times
IDTENT
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Go away troll
upvoted 7 times
kevgjo
1 year ago
Anyone think these are all correct?
upvoted 2 times
2FkinBored
1 year ago
yes they are.
upvoted 2 times
kevgjo
1 year ago
you sure about that
upvoted 2 times
Hoshi1215
1 year ago
I have found another website suggesting that the answer for the first ticket is: 1) Corrupt OS 2) Reinstall Operating System 3) chkdsk Here is the source: https://vceguide.com/hotspot-2423/ Still not sure which one is correct :(
upvoted 2 times
kevgjo
1 year ago
I dont think its chkdsk, bootrec has to do with repairing the operating system. I'm not sure as far as the resolution though reinstalling the operating system. It could still be repair installation.
upvoted 2 times
Hoshi1215
1 year ago
Thanks for replying me. I have checked with my technician buddy and he also believes that the resolution should be repair installation and use bootrec to verify.
upvoted 6 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...