Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CV0-002 topic 1 question 23 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's CV0-002
Question #: 23
Topic #: 1
[All CV0-002 Questions]

A cloud implementation engineer successfully created a new VM. However, the engineer notices the new VM is not accessible from another network. A ping test works from another VM on the same subnet. Which of the following is the MOST likely problem?

• A. Incorrect subnet
  • B. Incorrect host IP address
  • C. Incorrect VLAN
  • D. Incorrect gateway
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Sakmoto
Highly Voted 4 years, 4 months ago
Answer is Incorrect Gateway
upvoted 20 times
ckchiang
Highly Voted 3 years, 5 months ago
I will choose Incorrect Gateway.
upvoted 5 times
SH_
Most Recent 2 years, 8 months ago
I’d go with D - incorrect gateway
upvoted 1 times
xparta300
3 years ago
this is vague but i have a feeling is something like both VMs have the same subnet but can't reach another network outside its address. a ping will work across the same network but not ousite. you will need a valid route/gateway. Going with D.
upvoted 3 times
trungciscovn
3 years, 7 months ago
Answer should be D - Incorrect Gateway. If VM was configured with wrong gateway, VMs from other subnets could absolutely not ping to mentioned VM. Answer should not be A. For example: Let say the network address, its associated subnet mask and gateway address are 172.16.0.0, 255.255.0.0, 172.16.0.1 If the VM was configured with IP address/subnet mask/gateway address: 172.16.0.10, 255.0.0.0 (wrong subnet mask), 172.16.0.1. With this configuration, this VM can ping to external networks such as 192.168.1.0/24 or 10.0.0.0/8. Only drawback of this wrong configuration is that this VM could not connect to such networks as 172.16.1.0/16, 172.16.2.0/16 ... Since all other networks cannot connect to the VM, the cause should NOT be wrong subnet.
upvoted 3 times
rdev
3 years, 9 months ago
The answer is A. This is a very poorly worded question. However, if one reads very carefully they can infer that a [different, but existing] VM **on the same subnet** was reachable. I believe this is simply a question which contains the answer even though it is somewhat ambiguous.....the new VM wasn't configured properly (Wrong Subnet - A) .
upvoted 2 times
snota45
3 years, 10 months ago
kind of a vague question but it definitely sounds like a gateway issue.
upvoted 2 times
night00
4 years, 1 month ago
I agree, the answer is D because if the ping works from within the subnet, the ping test is failing to outside of the subnet because the gateway isnt letting you out
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...