Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SY0-501 topic 1 question 41 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's SY0-501
Question #: 41
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-501 Questions]

A department head at a university resigned on the first day of the spring semester. It was subsequently determined that the department head deleted numerous files and directories from the server-based home directory while the campus was closed. Which of the following policies or procedures could have prevented this from occurring?

• A. Time-of-day restrictions
  • B. Permission auditing and review
  • C. Offboarding
  • D. Account expiration
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Maryuri
Highly Voted 4 years, 5 months ago
key word here is " the campus was closed". It would not matter if when he resigned the fact that he did it when the campus was closed, the answer is Time of day Restriction. just my thoughts
upvoted 25 times
covfefe
4 years ago
No, the key word is "subsequently." If he resigned and then was able to delete the files, he should have been properly offboarded. That would prevent him from deleting any files. Why would you implement a time of day restriction on somebody who is no longer an employee?
upvoted 8 times
Huh
3 years, 3 months ago
I agree, "subsequently" in the way that they used it does mean offboarding is the correct answer...Comptia exams are officially just reading comprehension tests with a little IT here and there.
upvoted 5 times
Lobizon
3 years ago
No... "It was subsequently determined..." implies other administrators later determined the professor deleted stuff. Not that the professor subsequently deleted anything after he resigned. CompTIA is incorrect for lack of clarification. The answer of Time-of-day restrictions could easily been chosen by many as best answer; because after the campus was closed attracted time of day. .
upvoted 5 times
blacksheep6r
2 years, 11 months ago
I agree- this isnt a time of day thing.. This was a ding on the exiting interview/offboarding issue.
upvoted 1 times
Aksu1994
Highly Voted 4 years, 11 months ago
In case he deleted the files AFTER his resignation, the best answer would be 'Offboarding', However, if he deleted them while he was still an employer, the best answer would have been 'Time of Day restriction'. The question is: When did he perform those actions?
upvoted 17 times
Bahr
4 years, 5 months ago
Apparently he deleted files before resignation (the first day of spring semester) on holiday.
upvoted 1 times
who__cares123456789___
3 years, 3 months ago
subsequently ADVERB-- after a particular thing has happened; afterward. Lead2pass claims 96% accuracy and they have C...we must assume they mean he went home that night, after resigning and deleted files....I'll hit C if I get this BS ass question. Cause the wording is subjective...did his ass subsequently resign after deleting over break...or did he subsequently delete after resignation...this question dont tell you that....BS question
upvoted 2 times
Cychick
Most Recent 2 years, 9 months ago
All of you have VALID points, but here is why it is off boarding (this combines both sides of the story PLUS some extra thinking): The department head resigned on the first day of spring semester (after break).. IF you knew you were going to not be working for spring, you should've been off boarded before the break started & for sure by the spring semester. That would eliminate the need of time of day restrictions for a person that shouldn't be working there in the first place... You see?
upvoted 1 times
p3n15okay
2 years, 9 months ago
Offboarding refers to the processes involved such as exit interview, account disablement, and surrendering of identification. The proper procedures would have gone like this: Professor quits, an exit interview Is conducted, and while the interview is taking place, his account and access to resources disabled. This is why you read the book!! Don't just rely on remembering the answers if you have no idea what or why the answer is what it is!
upvoted 1 times
bek123
2 years, 9 months ago
C. according to the article below offboarding would be the right answer. Doesn't matter when the administrator is resigning the system will automatically remove all the previlages that the administrator had. https://cybersecurity.att.com/blogs/security-essentials/best-data-security-practices-when-offboarding-employees
upvoted 2 times
ekinzaghi
2 years, 10 months ago
time of day restriction is the best and correct answer here
upvoted 3 times
blurb
2 years, 11 months ago
Time of day... He did this when the campus was closed before the Spring. He resigned on the first day. That means this occurred before he resigned. Thus, access should not of been granted when the campus was closed.
upvoted 4 times
Dion79
2 years, 10 months ago
Blurb you say more than blurp... and i agree with you. He resigned on his first day of spring semester, which tells me, he had a winter break. During winter break he deleted files. If you put a Time-of-Day restriction on his account and only allow him access on the first day of spring he wouldn't have deleted the files on the break. He would of deleted the files on his first day then resign. lol or you can lock the account during break and re-enable on first day of spring so he can again delete the files and resign. lol... wtf...lolol
upvoted 1 times
CeeJay
3 years, 2 months ago
C is the answer, it says first day of the spring semester and the files were deleted when the college was closed, means before it opened for the spring semester so it should be Time of day restriction.
upvoted 1 times
Groove120
3 years, 3 months ago
C trumps A IMO: Dulaney 501: "Offboarding Offboarding is a bit simpler. When someone leaves the company, for any reason, that user’s accounts must all be immediately suspended."
upvoted 1 times
Helloworld__
3 years, 3 months ago
I think it should be permission and auditing reviews Firstly, there is no separate time of day restriction during holidays. And secondly, offboarding on the first day of spring? But he already deleted files during holidays.
upvoted 1 times
who__cares123456789___
3 years, 3 months ago
Could be part of question is missing...could be choose two?? If not, you have to admit it says "It was subsequently determined that the department head deleted numerous files and directories from the server-based home directory while the campus was closed." CLOSED...Campus closes at 6pm...WHILE CAMPUS WAS CLOSED.... what TIME of DAY is it closed?
upvoted 1 times
Tedaroo
3 years, 5 months ago
Honestly he could have quit on a Friday and the campus is closed on Sunday, say, so he did his sabotage on Sunday afternoon. If you accept the sequence in the question as written then C works. If he was offboarded as soon as he tendered his resignation then he would not have been able to do the deletions.
upvoted 1 times
DW_2020
3 years, 6 months ago
We have no idea what the school policies are for access during closure so we cant really say it is anything other than offboarding. However the question is worded poorly as its unclear as to which closure is referred to or when the actual end date of his employment were.
upvoted 1 times
Hanzero
3 years, 7 months ago
I think this is one of those questions where multiple answers can be correct. So both A and C could be correct. The question says he deleted the files while the campus was closed. Let's say spring semester starts on January 22. The campus is closed before spring which is like our winter break in college. So that means he deleted the files BEFORE spring semester started. Campuses aren't closed after the first day of spring lol. He deleted the files BEFORE campuses opened back up for spring. I'd say time of restrictions but as others have said, it's a confusing question and offboarding could be correct as well but I'd go with time of day considering that it also takes into account the winter break during which the professor wasn't suppose to be logging on.
upvoted 1 times
Dcfc_Doc
3 years, 7 months ago
If he has deleted the files, then resigned. What could have prevented this? Offboarding? - No he was still a member of staff when the files were deleted. Time of day restriction? - Seeing as he delted the files when the campus was closed, this has to be it. I see that other sources are saying offboarding too. But this answer i don't understand.
upvoted 1 times
Hanzero
3 years, 7 months ago
Offboarding because they would have disabled/deleted his account and conducted an exit interview as well where the IT department would have taken away his account while HR was conducting the interview. Since it is not mentioned when the break was it's still really confusing.
upvoted 1 times
SQLinjector
3 years, 8 months ago
To me it should be A - time of day restrictions as the university was first closed before the semester got launched and that is when he deleted the files
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...