Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1002 topic 1 question 10 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1002
Question #: 10
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1002 Questions]

A technician receives an invalid certificate error when visiting a website with port 443 enabled. Other computers on the same LAN do not exhibit this symptom.
Which of the following needs to be adjusted on the workstation to fix the issue?

• A. Date and time
  • B. UEFI boot mode
  • C. Logon times
  • D. User access control
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
cifoy75535
Highly Voted 3 years, 11 months ago
I think it's referring to the fact that certificates have validity ranges (issued date to expiration date) and if your computer's time wasn't in that range then your computer would see the certificate as being invalid even though technically it wouldn't be.
upvoted 12 times
Drassian
3 years, 9 months ago
This is correct, date and time being incorrect do not necessarily invalidate a certificate, but its a good thing to check if a certificate is not working on only one device, and is the most likely cause of this issue.
upvoted 3 times
OCD
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
Date and Time is the ONLY answer that makes any sense here.
upvoted 8 times
DarkHorse99
2 years, 8 months ago
Happened to me when my computer though It was the year 2089.
upvoted 3 times
brownigh
Most Recent 1 month ago
Funny how a+ seems to be more of a vocabulary test than a tech skill test. Unable to replicate are you serious?
upvoted 1 times
BrightHart
1 year, 8 months ago
I prefer checking discussion than viewing the answers
upvoted 6 times
AyeGodly
1 year, 8 months ago
This right here Cheif
upvoted 1 times
UGotThis
2 years, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: A
The question says the technician is the ONLY person on the same LAN that receives an error when visiting a website with port 443 (https) enabled. Invalid certifications are signs that either the website is unsafe or that the certification has expired, and may not be safe. UEFI boot mode: doesn't have to do with internet website certifications Logon times: has nothing to do with invalid certifications of other websites user access control: would limit what can be accessed, but would not explain why the user is getting an invalid certificate error Date and Time- is the only logical answer- someone prior said, their system could have the wrong date - TLS/SSL certificates are issued for a year (or more). If the date and time is not correct on your computer/device, it won’t fall into the validity period for which the certificate has been issued. As a result, the verification will fail and an error message will be shown.
upvoted 2 times
Rangel
2 years, 6 months ago
absolutely correct date and time is first thing to check ,when u suspect an issue with a digital expired certificate
upvoted 2 times
SamAJames
2 years, 9 months ago
Anytime you see invalid certificate, date and time is your answer
upvoted 3 times
DoeJoe
3 years, 4 months ago
for those myself included that want to know why Date and Time is the correct answer. according to Monzilla.org-- "Certificates for secure websites (the address begins with https://) are valid only for a certain period of time. If a website presents a certificate with validity dates that don't match the date on your computer's clock, Firefox can't verify that it is secure and will show you an error page. Such issues can often be fixed by setting the correct date, time and time zone on your computer system. If this does not solve the problem, it could be caused by other issues, such as a misconfigured web server or an expired certificate."
upvoted 1 times
izzyHTX
3 years, 5 months ago
LuCas12 - Security reason due to the Date and Time of the certificates do not match. Its very important for this to be correct and by security protocol you will not be able to access for any port number used. this is a protocol that happens throughout connection which keeps getting updated with new certificates. hope this helps.
upvoted 1 times
LuCas12
4 years, 1 month ago
Can anyone explain why A is the right answer?
upvoted 1 times
Viscovitz
4 years, 1 month ago
I think that because port 443 is for HTTP, if your systems date and time do not match the web servers then it would cause an error
upvoted 2 times
Ty_ty
3 years, 2 months ago
port 443 is HTTPS
upvoted 2 times
conkhi
3 years, 7 months ago
I get the same error on my computer yesterday. The date and time were wrong on that old computer. I changed the date to current then everything work fine
upvoted 3 times
Anon6606
3 years, 6 months ago
you could aswell try scratching out ones , uac does not play apart in this in my opinion uefi boot and logon times does not change a certificate while if you ever had the incorrect date and time and try to access the net it will not work hence i feel A thats how i got to my answer
upvoted 1 times
TomTK
2 years, 6 months ago
Basically if a cert is set to expire tomorrow, and your date and time is set to the day after tomorrow, the computer will be tricked into thinking the cert is expired.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...