Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CAS-003 topic 1 question 109 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's CAS-003
Question #: 109
Topic #: 1
[All CAS-003 Questions]

An organization's network engineering team recently deployed a new software encryption solution to ensure the confidentiality of data at rest, which was found to add 300ms of latency to data read-write requests in storage, impacting business operations.
Which of the following alternative approaches would BEST address performance requirements while meeting the intended security objective?

• A. Employ hardware FDE or SED solutions.
  • B. Utilize a more efficient cryptographic hash function.
  • C. Replace HDDs with SSD arrays.
  • D. Use a FIFO pipe a multithreaded software solution.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
vorozco
2 years, 2 months ago
I agree with the given answer, A. I swear I forgot so many acronyms, just documenting some that I forgot here. Solid state drive (SSD) and a hard disk drive (HDD) This article also explains why it would not be the answer. https://www.avast.com/c-ssd-vs-hdd
upvoted 1 times
Trap_D0_r
3 years, 2 months ago
It's A.
upvoted 2 times
boblee
3 years, 2 months ago
Going with A.
upvoted 1 times
D1960
3 years, 4 months ago
SED might be the correct answer. Consider: "Three leading FDE software products were pitted against an SED, using a series of intensive read/write tests. In a typical test, the SED was 79 percent, 132 percent and 144 percent faster than the software-based products. Using a solid-state drive (SSD) with self-encryption further increases the performance advantages." https://www.securityinfowatch.com/home/article/10343270/selfencrypting-drives-are-becoming-the-new-it-security-standard
upvoted 1 times
tek
4 years, 1 month ago
B. Utilize a more efficient cryptographic hash function.
upvoted 1 times
qwertybob
3 years, 10 months ago
You need the data for read write requests. Hashing is extremely difficult to reverse. Next to impossible
upvoted 2 times
SoukelezArtibuz
3 years, 4 months ago
That would decrease "the intended security objective"
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...