Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CAS-003 topic 1 question 158 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's CAS-003
Question #: 158
Topic #: 1
[All CAS-003 Questions]

A security engineer is attempting to convey the importance of including job rotation in a company's standard security policies. Which of the following would be the
BEST justification?

• A. Making employees rotate through jobs ensures succession plans can be implemented and prevents single points of failure.
  • B. Forcing different people to perform the same job minimizes the amount of time malicious actions go undetected by forcing malicious actors to attempt collusion between two or more people.
  • C. Administrators and engineers who perform multiple job functions throughout the day benefit from being cross-trained in new job areas.
  • D. It eliminates the need to share administrative account passwords because employees gain administrative rights as they rotate into a new job area.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
LeadBasedPaint
2 years, 1 month ago
B is probably the answer BUT job rotation doesn't force anyone to attempt collusion.
upvoted 1 times
Trap_D0_r
3 years, 2 months ago
B I think that A addresses the importance of cross-training and COOP plans, but doesn't necessarily hit on the importance of job rotation, which specifically reduces malicious activity by keeping people from obfuscating what they're doing. I think the answer is B.
upvoted 3 times
D1960
2 years, 9 months ago
Agree. BTW: on an exam about security, I tend to lean towards answers that security concerns, as opposed to answers that relate towards general efficiency. This question specifically states: "importance of including job rotation in a company's standard *security* policies"
upvoted 1 times
PaulLi
3 years, 7 months ago
I think that B should be the correct answer.
upvoted 1 times
D1960
3 years, 2 months ago
A, B, and C, are all good reasons for job rotation. But 'B' is more about information security. Since the exam is about information security, B might not be a bad choice.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...