ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
Location Chicago IL, USA

Exam CS0-002 topic 1 question 63 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's CS0-002
Question #: 63
Topic #: 1
[All CS0-002 Questions]

A development team is testing a new application release. The team needs to import existing client PHI data records from the production environment to the test environment to test accuracy and functionality.
Which of the following would BEST protect the sensitivity of this data while still allowing the team to perform the testing?

• A. Deidentification
  • B. Encoding
  • C. Encryption
  • D. Watermarking
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Suggested Answer: C

Comments

Obi_Wan_Jacoby
Highly Voted 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer should be A. Here is why, as mentioned in the article by Crkvica, deidentification is used for PHI data. Also, look at the question. It states to protect the "sensitivity" of the data, which PHI would be sensitive data. Also it states "while still allowing the team us perform the testing". Encrypting would have no affect on that and goes without saying, but deidentification makes a change to the data, but in a way that it can still be used for testing. I believe answer A is what they are looking for here.
upvoted 9 times
BK00
1 week ago
I second that. De-identification is a form of data protection that allows the redaction of sensitive information to maintain some level of privacy. I believe it is a balanced solution which will allow protection of the data without impeding the testing process. HIPPA even have guidance for it (https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/special-topics/de-identification/index.html). I feel like encryption will not work in this case as it significantly alters the data (as it uses obfuscation method), thus in the way impede the testing process and outcomes.
upvoted 1 times
Crkvica
Highly Voted 3 months ago
It is A.. https://www.truevault.com/resources/developer/what-is-data-de-identification
upvoted 8 times
babaEniola
Most Recent 3 weeks, 6 days ago
The answer is encryption. They are trying to test for accuracy. Once the data has been deidentified, there won't be accuracy anymore. But encryption would protect the data while in transit from production to test environment
upvoted 1 times
somsom
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Deidentification is the answer A
upvoted 3 times
BearNun22
2 months, 2 weeks ago
A is the answer
upvoted 6 times
casablo
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Which "would BEST protect the sensitivity" C
upvoted 1 times
btoopalow
2 months, 4 weeks ago
I would have gone for A
upvoted 5 times
I_heart_shuffle_girls
2 months, 4 weeks ago
Toss up between de-identification and encryption. Data sets should always be encrypted but in this case de-identification would also be a good measure to perform. Other thoughts here?
upvoted 2 times

SaveCancel