Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1002 topic 1 question 306 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1002
Question #: 306
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1002 Questions]

A new policy requires all users to log on to their corporate workstations using smart card authentication. Which of the following best practices should be implemented to further secure access to workstations?

• A. Data encryption
  • B. Screen lock timeouts
  • C. Required screensavers
  • D. Strong passwords
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
dnbly
Highly Voted 3 years ago
B is definitely correct. Screen lock timeout sets a length of inactivity before the PC locks itself. Lock requires password on wake. Require screensavers says nothing about including Password on Wake
upvoted 10 times
maw619
2 years, 6 months ago
a really spooky screensaver might scare those awful hackers tho.
upvoted 5 times
ITGuy14
1 year, 6 months ago
Ye maybe a picture of my broken toenail
upvoted 1 times
Weta14
Most Recent 1 year, 6 months ago
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/interactive-logon-smart-card-removal-behavior Configure the Interactive logon: Smart card removal behavior setting to Lock Workstation. If you select Lock Workstation for this policy setting, the device locks when the smart card is removed. Users can leave the area, take their smart card with them, and still maintain a protected session. This behavior is similar to the setting that requires users to log on when resuming work on the device after the screen saver has started.
upvoted 1 times
fouserd
1 year, 6 months ago
The answer should be D but seen as these exams only want their answers I guess B would be correct
upvoted 2 times
Voloth
1 year, 6 months ago
The answer is correct. First, in any case, you need to set up Screen lock timeouts, and then set up a strong password. There will be no sense in a strong password if it is not requested
upvoted 1 times
sage888888888123
1 year, 9 months ago
A and C are obviously incorrect but not sure why D wouldnt also be correct. Can someone give some insights to why B/D?
upvoted 1 times
Nssh
2 years, 5 months ago
D is correct
upvoted 2 times
Abrasive123
3 years ago
I think, screen lock time out enables further security as opposed to required screensavers.
upvoted 1 times
lulu73
3 years ago
me, too. C
upvoted 1 times
Ava1
3 years, 1 month ago
Screen-Lock-timeout is just the time until the already locked screen turns off.. it does nothing for security. It should be B for a more secure multifactor authentication or C - if the screensaver needs a password to access pc after it started. I would tend to C
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...