Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PK0-004 topic 1 question 453 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's PK0-004
Question #: 453
Topic #: 1
[All PK0-004 Questions]

A project manager is performing resource leveling and notices one of the functional testers is assigned 40% in a second project. The project manager needs the resource to be 100% dedicated to the project; otherwise, the testing phase jeopardizes the delivery date. Which of the following should the project manager do
NEXT?

• A. Ask the resource manager to deallocate the resource from the second project.
  • B. Ask the resource manager to assign a new resource with 40% of allocation.
  • C. Keep the resource 100% allocated in the project, as per the initial plan.
  • D. Change the resource to 60% of allocation and review the mitigation plan.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Orby
1 year, 3 months ago
Assuming this project is functional & PM has to make do with 60% instead of 100% & mitigate the risk.
upvoted 1 times
catastrophie
1 year, 11 months ago
Resources do not have to be at 100% in leveling. Resource loading is where you need the 100% workforce. In leveling the PM needs to find a balance between the project end date and resource availability. The PM could absolutely ask for 40% more from a different resource but chances are they are going to put the utilized resource at 60% and then look at their mitigation plan to see what the options are.
upvoted 3 times
Treymb6
2 years ago
I hope someone can explain this one, makes no sense to me. I feel like it should be A or C, since it is stated the resource needs to be 100% allocated, not 60%.
upvoted 2 times
HanzoShimada
2 years ago
I agree. D just doesn’t make sense.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...