Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam XK0-005 topic 1 question 113 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's XK0-005
Question #: 113
Topic #: 1
[All XK0-005 Questions]

A systems technician is working on deploying several microservices to various RPM-based systems, some of which could run up to two hours. Which of the following commands will allow the technician to execute those services and continue deploying other microservices within the same terminal section?

• A. gedit & disown
  • B. kill 9 %1
  • C. fg %1
  • D. bg %1 job name
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
angellorv
1 year ago
Answer A: bg puts existing running processes in the background; while "& disown" sends the process to the bg upon execution which is what the question is implying. "...execute those services and continue deploying other microservices within the same terminal section? gedit - has nothing to do with the question or answer it's just the command used in the answer (bad choice); imagine answer A as: job name & disown
upvoted 2 times
linux_admin
1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: D
D. bg %1 job name: This command puts the job associated with job ID %1 in the background and allows the technician to continue deploying other microservices in the same terminal session. The job name argument is optional and allows the technician to specify a custom name for the job. This option is suitable for the scenario described in the question. A. gedit & disown: This command opens the gedit text editor in the background and disowns it so that it is no longer associated with the terminal. This option is not relevant to deploying microservices and would not allow the technician to continue deploying other microservices in the same terminal session.
upvoted 2 times
KnifeClown1
1 year, 2 months ago
D. bg %1 job name The command bg %1 job name will allow the technician to execute the microservice in the background, allowing them to continue deploying other microservices within the same terminal session. The bg command stands for "background" and it is used to run a job in the background. The %1 is a job specifier, which specifies the job to be run in the background, and "job name" is the name given to the job. This allows the technician to keep the microservice running even after they have closed the terminal session.
upvoted 1 times
Pinnubhai
1 year, 3 months ago
Answer D is the closest. A doesnt make any sense as what gedit will help in all this.
upvoted 3 times
Ckl22
1 year, 4 months ago
D is the only one that makes the most sense. "bg %n" where n is the job ID, will send that job to process in the background, and all interaction with the current shell.
upvoted 2 times
lo_01234_ol
1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Scroll down to #5: https://www.baeldung.com/linux/detach-process-from-terminal
upvoted 1 times
TheRealManish
1 year, 4 months ago
disown is fine, but what does gedit have to do with anything?
upvoted 3 times
Nvoid
1 year, 5 months ago
put the jobs in the background process!
upvoted 1 times
TheRealManish
1 year, 5 months ago
it's hard to say.. bg%1 job name - is not a valid command.. i meant it works, but thats because the command ignores the job name. also, the qiestion says there are multiple jobs and the %1 would just background one of the jobs. But then, B and C are obviously wrong. as for A, what the hell does gedit have to do with anything? ugh.. i guess D it is?
upvoted 1 times
Nvoid
1 year, 5 months ago
best answer out of the worst of all possibilities. I'll come back around leave a comment after i pass.
upvoted 1 times
Nvoid
1 year, 4 months ago
i came back around, but didn't take the test yet, i get what you're saying now about: bg%1 and bg%1 job_name being the same command, hard to say.. nothing changed for me, terrible question or mis-worded?
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...