Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1101 topic 1 question 114 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1101
Question #: 114
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1101 Questions]

A startup company is outgrowing its current office space and is requiring employees to work remotely. The company must comply with government-enforced requirements to safeguard all aspects of data, so the IT department plans to maintain complete control over users' operating systems. Which of the following should the IT department implement?

• A. VDI
  • B. IaaS
  • C. VPN
  • D. SaaS
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
glenpharmd
Highly Voted 1 year, 4 months ago
IT IS A= VDI. The VDI environment is highly secure because the entire infrastructure is under enterprise control. Sensitive data from multiple virtual desktops sit on a single physical server. You can secure this centrally managed server or host server to meet internal standards. Remote workers can access the data from any device by following suitable authentication processes. The remote machines do not pose a security risk, even if they are lost or stolen
upvoted 8 times
JMLorx
Most Recent 3 months ago
Selected Answer: A
VDI has control over the Desktop environment a VPN just secures the tunnel to the company network
upvoted 2 times
rah555
9 months ago
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is a cloud-based computing model that provides users with a virtual desktop that is hosted on a remote server. This allows users to access their desktops from any device, anywhere in the world.
upvoted 2 times
paobro
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Actually, I go with VDI Rather than being confined to a specific physical device, a virtual desktop is a preconfigured image of an operating system and its applications can be accessed from any compatible device.
upvoted 1 times
paobro
10 months, 3 weeks ago
I go with VPN because I work for government and we use it all the time. From own computer you create secure tunner to your office pc
upvoted 1 times
Mango7
7 months, 1 week ago
STUPID answer. learn and study more bro.
upvoted 3 times
okayhey
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Just because your government uses VPN, doesn't mean it's a secure connection. The question says the IT department plans to maintain COMPLETE control over uses' OS, so it can't be VPN. Mango7 is right, study more, bro.
upvoted 1 times
WEREFOX
11 months, 1 week ago
complete control over OS.
upvoted 3 times
letspass3000
11 months, 4 weeks ago
VDI is related to VM's which are OS and the company wants complete control over OS.
upvoted 2 times
DandyAndy
12 months ago
"the IT department plans to maintain complete control over users' operating systems." This can only be done with VDI.
upvoted 1 times
Heimuslee
1 year ago
Selected Answer: C
Virtual Private Network (VPN): Implementing a VPN allows employees to securely connect to the company's network from their remote locations, providing a secure and encrypted connection for data transmission. The IT department can configure and manage the VPN to ensure that all data transmitted between remote employees and the company's network is protected and meets the required data security standards.
upvoted 2 times
otoshikami
1 year ago
"the IT department plans to maintain complete control over users' operating systems" VPN only encrypts the connection, it does nothing to the operating system.
upvoted 5 times
SYao
1 year, 1 month ago
The correct answer is IAAS because with this, the consumer is responsible for managing the OS, Applications, Runtime, Middleware and Data.
upvoted 2 times
oatmealturkey
1 year ago
It is not. I took the exam and this exact question was on it, and I did not miss any questions in cloud computing or virtualization so I got it right. The answer is VDI.
upvoted 4 times
PatrickH
1 year, 4 months ago
Because the company wants to maintain complete control of the envirnoment. A VPN only creates a very secure connection from remote location to the Office BUT it doesnt control the envirnoment. A VDI is held/run from a server on the premises
upvoted 4 times
NICE2022
1 year, 4 months ago
I will go with VPN since it mentioned safeguarding data and working remotely.
upvoted 1 times
NICE2022
1 year, 4 months ago
Can someone explain why VDI
upvoted 1 times
zpacker
1 year, 4 months ago
I’m not sure why VDI. If it was just about controlling the operating system I could maybe see it, but since it also says safeguarding data I’m selecting B – IaaS if I see this question.
upvoted 2 times
minx98
1 year, 3 months ago
safeuguarding data in the cloud. remember VDI = DaaS
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...