Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1001 topic 1 question 131 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1001
Question #: 131
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1001 Questions]

A user has reported application connectivity problems to the network administrator. The network administrator knows there have been firewall configuration changes recently by a security vendor and believes the issue could be related to a port being closed on the firewall. Which of the following should the network administrator do NEXT?

• A. See if the same application fails on another workstation
  • B. Go into the firewall and open the port
  • C. Verify system functionality on the user's workstation
  • D. Document the issue for future reference
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
kylepotrep
Highly Voted 4 years, 3 months ago
This is a dumb wording question, but the answer should be C, <- C is worded as if its in the 5th step in verifying full system functionality but in actuality, you should test the user's workstation first whom is reporting the issue, before you even attempt another workstation ie. the source of the problem.
upvoted 30 times
betty_boop
4 years, 2 months ago
thank you
upvoted 2 times
giftedhands
3 years, 1 month ago
Somewhat confusing. Thanks!
upvoted 1 times
Cjones10
2 years, 11 months ago
Now that you say that it makes more sense. Answer choice "C" could have been worded like: "Verify the problem that the user is reporting to you."
upvoted 7 times
dsatt
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
yeah I would swear English is not the native language for whoever writes these questions...
upvoted 9 times
cpinac
Most Recent 1 year, 4 months ago
The network admin has a theory of the problem: it could be related to a port being closed. So the question is asking us what's the next step in the CompTia's troubleshooting methodology. See if the application fails on another workstation (Step 3. Test the theory) Go into the firewall and open the port (Step 4. Establish a plan of action) VERIFY system functionality on the user's workstation (Step 5. Verify functionality) Document the issue for future reference (Step 6. Document findings) So the answer is A
upvoted 1 times
peoplepersonviewer
2 years, 1 month ago
key word is "believes" the admin thinks the ports are closed....don't take her word for it..go and verify system functionality yourself. there's your answer
upvoted 3 times
cpaljchc
1 year, 5 months ago
The problem is network admin is the person who is fixing the problem and he believes it is firewall, so after and assumption, he needs to verify if he's correct
upvoted 1 times
Jambo123
2 years, 1 month ago
Troubleshooting theory 3 Once the theory is confirmed, determine the next steps to resolve problem. he identified the problem so B is the answer, he has to open up the ports.
upvoted 1 times
caydan19
2 years, 2 months ago
think simple. 1. identify problem, 2. make a theory 3. test theory. 4.verify theory was correct. this was step 3. he need to open the port to test the theory. C should be the verify step. think simple guy
upvoted 3 times
MADRA
2 years, 3 months ago
i think its A, id first want to isolate the problem to the user's machine before beginning any troubleshooting. if it doesn't work on another workstation i know look at the firewall.
upvoted 3 times
chillua
3 years, 10 months ago
So the way I'm thinking about it is that C is right because you verify full system functionality to test if it's either an application problem or a full system problem. Trick question smh. I put A as well looking at the words. I didn't know they would try to trick you like this.
upvoted 4 times
TechTroll
3 years, 12 months ago
This question is terrible the user is already reporting bad connectivity. Why would you go and try system functionality on his computer. Maybe because you can see if other applications are also slow and that would narrow down the firewall issue or if it's another network issue?
upvoted 1 times
PigBenis
2 years, 3 months ago
You need to rule out if the user is making a mistake and that the problem is indeed happening before you go on to any other steps
upvoted 1 times
betty_boop
4 years, 3 months ago
I thought too that it was A. Anyone know why it's the other one?
upvoted 2 times
mdarab
4 years, 5 months ago
Are you sure its not A?
upvoted 4 times
ultradroid
2 years, 9 months ago
by logic it shoudnt be an A because a port being closed on the firewall.. that mean all pc in the network should have same problem. so cross that from the answer. C is correct to confirm there is actual problem on the user pc.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...