ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
Location Chicago IL, USA

Exam 312-50v10 topic 1 question 56 discussion

Actual exam question from ECCouncil's 312-50v10
Question #: 56
Topic #: 1
[All 312-50v10 Questions]

In which of the following cryptography attack methods, the attacker makes a series of interactive queries, choosing subsequent plaintexts based on the information from the previous encryptions?

• A. Chosen-plaintext attack
  • B. Ciphertext-only attack
  • C. Adaptive chosen-plaintext attack
  • D. Known-plaintext attack
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Suggested Answer: A

Comments

sec0xdev
1 year, 5 months ago
I believe that the correct answer will be C. Adaptive chosen-plaintext attack . Please check.
upvoted 11 times
Pietervh
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Definitively C
upvoted 2 times
Diegoctes
5 months, 1 week ago
The answer is option C
upvoted 2 times
Mangalam
4 months, 3 weeks ago
Adaptive chosen-plaintext is a function based in the chosen-plaintext so correct answer is A
upvoted 1 times
TrendMicroDLPSSucks
4 months, 1 week ago
Chosen-PlainText Attack:Attacker Defines his own plaintext, feed it into the cipher, adn analyzes the resulting cyphertext Ciphertext-only attack-Attack has access to the cipher text; goal of this attack is to recovery the encrypiton key from the cypher text AdaptiveChose Plaintext attack:Attacker makes a series of interactive queries, chosing subsequent text based infmraiton from the previous encryptions known-plaintext attack:attackers had knowedge of some part of the plain text; usign this informaiton, the kye used to generate ciphertext is deduced so as to decipher other messages
upvoted 2 times
TrendMicroDLPSSucks
4 months, 1 week ago
There is an Apdative-ChoSEN attack and Adpative-choSE attack, there are subtle differences, the answer is C
upvoted 1 times
hasib125
2 months, 4 weeks ago
Answer is C : Adaptive chosen-plaintext attack
upvoted 2 times
jagadeesh666
2 months ago
With chosen-plaintext attack, the attacker is allowed to choose an arbitary amount of plaintext to encrypt. ... With the adaptive-chosen-plaintext attack, he/she can do the same as with the Definetely C:chosen-plaintext attack, but is also allowed to encrypt new data after the attacker has looked and analyzed previous encrypted bits
upvoted 2 times
bleble00001
1 month, 1 week ago
The answer should be C I think. https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chosen-plaintext_attack#:~:text=A%20chosen%2Dplaintext%20attack%20(CPA,security%20of%20the%20encryption%20scheme.
upvoted 2 times
devag
2 weeks ago
I would say C. From Matt Walker all-in-one book: Adaptive chosen plain-text attack The EC-Council definition for this is mindnumbingly obtuse: “the attacker makes a series of interactive queries, choosing subsequent plaintexts based on the information from the previous encryptions.” What this really means is the attacker sends bunches of cipher texts to be decrypted and then uses the results of the decryptions to select different, closely related cipher texts. The idea is to gradually glean more and more information about the full target cipher text or about the key itself.
upvoted 2 times
Selzar
1 day, 6 hours ago
All sources I have found show that C is correct but in my v10 exam A was correct.
upvoted 1 times

SaveCancel