Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 312-50v11 topic 1 question 107 discussion

Actual exam question from ECCouncil's 312-50v11
Question #: 107
Topic #: 1
[All 312-50v11 Questions]

Shellshock allowed an unauthorized user to gain access to a server. It affected many Internet-facing services, which OS did it not directly affect?

• A. Linux
  • B. Unix
  • C. OS X
  • D. Windows
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
qovert
1 year ago
Answer: D Shellshock, also known as the Bash or Bashdoor vulnerability, was a major security flaw discovered in September 2014. It affected the Bash shell, which is commonly found in Unix-based operating systems, such as Linux, Unix, and OS X (now macOS). Windows, on the other hand, does not use the Bash shell by default and was not directly affected by the Shellshock vulnerability.
upvoted 2 times
SeaH0rse66
1 year, 11 months ago
Selected Answer: D
https://www.techtarget.com/searchsecurity/definition/Shellshock "Shellshock is the common name for a coding vulnerability found in the Bash shell user interface that affects Unix-based operating systems, including Linux and Mac OS X, and allows attackers to remotely gain complete control of a system." It doesn't affect Windows therefore D
upvoted 4 times
ANDRESCB1988
2 years, 9 months ago
correct, Windows is the correct option
upvoted 1 times
ateh
2 years, 9 months ago
Mac OS X (now known as macOS) is built on an open-source Unix-like operating system kernel known as Darwin. It is able to run Bash shell, hence vulnerable to Shellshock.
upvoted 3 times
YSO
2 years, 10 months ago
the thing is OS X is an apple OS, do not think apple use SSL though, why not OS X instead?
upvoted 1 times
Scryptic
2 years, 7 months ago
OS X does indeed use SSL. OS X is still a *nix also.
upvoted 2 times
MeganONO
3 years, 2 months ago
Shellshock is a bug in Bash so i would say Linux or Unix but not Windows
upvoted 3 times
MeganONO
3 years, 2 months ago
I reply to myself, Windows is the right answer (i've read the question too fast) !!
upvoted 7 times
Urltenm
2 years, 2 months ago
because the Windows is a bag from scratch!))))
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...