Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam NSE4_FGT-7.0 topic 1 question 12 discussion

Actual exam question from Fortinet's NSE4_FGT-7.0
Question #: 12
Topic #: 1
[All NSE4_FGT-7.0 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit.

Given the interfaces shown in the exhibit, which two statements are true? (Choose two.)

• A. Traffic between port2 and port2-vlan1 is allowed by default.
  • B. port1-vlan10 and port2-vlan10 are part of the same broadcast domain.
  • C. port1-vlan1 and port2-vlan1 can be assigned in the same VDOM or to different VDOMs.
  • D. port1 is a native VLAN.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: CD 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
raydel92
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: CD
Correct: C. port1-vlan1 and port2-vlan1 can be assigned in the same VDOM or to different VDOMs. D. port1 is a native VLAN. Incorrect: A. Traffic between port2 and port2-vlan1 is allowed by default. B. port1-vlan10 and port2-vlan10 are part of the same broadcast domain. Reference and download study guide: https://ebin.pub/fortinet-fortigate-infrastructure-study-guide-for-fortios-72.html
upvoted 1 times
LEAWCOM
7 months, 3 weeks ago
A: is wrong because be default it is not allowed. B: is wrong because different subnet with same vlans will not be in same broadcast domain C: correct , any interface can be asssigned to different VODM. D: is correct because any untagged traffic will be recieved on port 1 will use same port, and not the sub-interfaces such as VLAN1 or 10
upvoted 1 times
rdbms
8 months, 3 weeks ago
A native VLAN is a VLAN ID not a port nr
upvoted 1 times
jbuzz
9 months, 4 weeks ago
Very confusing how the say the question but def CD
upvoted 1 times
Ibrahimadwan
11 months, 1 week ago
C&D is correct
upvoted 1 times
Z13G3
1 year, 1 month ago
okay i had my assessment with a 100% score. I had this specific question and i answered "C,D", despite my previous believe. IMO one of the most confusing questions
upvoted 3 times
Ronaldvb
1 year, 1 month ago
A: False because of other subnets, you need to create firewall policy's to allow traffic between subnets. B: False because VLAN and Subnets are different, and therefore it's not within one broadcast domain. (Different broadcast IP's) C: True D: True
upvoted 3 times
Z13G3
1 year, 1 month ago
I agree, that the broadcast-*address* is different on both ports (10.1.10.255 & 10.0.10.0.255) However, the definition of a broadcast *domain* is based on Layer2 segments B is correct IMO C, too no discussion D is a trap since "port1" is not a native VLAN. "VLAN1" might be, but not "port1" Also check: https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/network/broadcast-domains.html Quote:"[...]A single broadcast domain can contain more than one IPv4 or IPv6 subnet[...]"
upvoted 1 times
DriftandLuna
1 year, 1 month ago
I initially also thought B could be correct but the question doesn't make any mention of the firewall being in transparent mode. I think port 1 is in the native VLAN as there is no VLAN number specified for it which makes me think it is in VLAN 0 , the native VLAN
upvoted 1 times
Mikeatak
1 year, 1 month ago
CD for sure
upvoted 1 times
hamidreza0010
1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: BC
B, C are correct
upvoted 2 times
walter_rcp
1 year, 3 months ago
Physical Interfaces and its vlan ben be in the same or diferent Domain. Physical Interface hasn't VLAN ID, in other hand is has Vlan id 0 for that is called Native Vlan
upvoted 1 times
chyeahhh
1 year, 3 months ago
C and D are both definitely correct. B is *possibly* correct, but we don't have all of the necessary information because we need to know the domain IDs. I would go with C and D. page 163, FortiGate Infrastructure 7.0: "by default, ALL interfaces on a VDOM belong to the same broadcast domain; even interfaces with different VLAN IDs"
upvoted 1 times
Savagegek
1 year, 4 months ago
Don't know if the questions has changed in the meantime while the comments stayed. A: is not correct since inter vlan traffic would require a policy. B: is also not correct since it are 2 different subnets and therefore don't use the same broadcast. That leaves C+D as the 2 correct options.
upvoted 4 times
Spyder_Byte
1 year, 4 months ago
A. ) Have to create firewall rules to allow traffic between different subnets, so this is wrong. B. ) Different subnets, so this is wrong.
upvoted 2 times
Spyder_Byte
1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: BD
B) Same network, same broadcast domain D) The physical interfaces network is usually the native vlan as it's an untagged network but traverses switches. There's really not enough info here altogether.
upvoted 2 times
Spyder_Byte
1 year, 4 months ago
I change my mind. Mistook the network to be the same on the vlan's. C and D are the only possible correct answers.
upvoted 2 times
exfeephi
1 year, 5 months ago
B and C are correct. Same vlan is same broadcast domain (layer 2) independent of ip subnets.
upvoted 2 times
SiqueiraZ
1 year, 4 months ago
I agree with you! B and C are correct. B is correct because the port1 and port2 are the same vlan (10). So, its the same broadcast. And C is obviously.
upvoted 1 times
SiqueiraZ
1 year, 4 months ago
@edit: And answer D is not correct. The VLAN 1 is native VLAN not the port1. Fixed! =)
upvoted 1 times
Virutas
1 year, 5 months ago
I don't agree with B because from infrastructure guide: "Traditional IPv4 firewalls and NAT mode FortiGate devices handle traffic the same way that routers do. Each interface must be in a different subnet and each subnet forms a different broadcast domain.". The subnets are different. And D I think is correct because "On the other hand, frames sent or received by the physical interface segment are never tagged. They belong to what is called the native VLAN (VLAN ID 0)". Physical port (not VLAN) is "native VLAN".
upvoted 4 times
FlaiNew
1 year, 5 months ago
B and C are correct
upvoted 1 times
Putty01
1 year, 5 months ago
B and C are correct.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...