Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Professional Cloud Architect topic 1 question 36 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Professional Cloud Architect
Question #: 36
Topic #: 1
[All Professional Cloud Architect Questions]

You created a pipeline that can deploy your source code changes to your infrastructure in instance groups for self-healing. One of the changes negatively affects your key performance indicator. You are not sure how to fix it, and investigation could take up to a week.
What should you do?

• A. Log in to a server, and iterate on the fox locally
  • B. Revert the source code change, and rerun the deployment pipeline
  • C. Log into the servers with the bad code change, and swap in the previous code
  • D. Change the instance group template to the previous one, and delete all instances
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
amxexam
Highly Voted 2 years, 8 months ago
Let's go with option elimination A. Log in to a server, and iterate on the fix locally >> Long step, hence eliminate B. Revert the source code change and rerun the deployment pipeline >> This revert will be logged in the source repo. Will go with this way although D also is correct. C. login to the servers with the bad code change, and swap in the previous code >> C is manually doing what can be automatically done by B and C, hence eliminate. D. Change the instance group template to the previous one and delete all instances >> This is similar to B but why manually do something which is automated. Hence eliminate. But is also correct. But B is better from code lifecycle perspective. Hence B
upvoted 67 times
ashishdwi007
3 months ago
The question itself looks the madeup. Not a real scenario ..."You created a pipeline that can deploy your source code changes to your infrastructure in instance groups for self-healing. One of the changes negatively affects your key performance indicator. " How a self healing code is affecting KPI. What was KPI, we dont know. Was the self healing done? we dont know. Dont know who make this questions. Even if we go whatever they try to ask, with options available, B is safest. However this option is just answer to any troubleshooting step. I m not convinced for the person who wrote this question
upvoted 2 times
ewredtrfygi
Highly Voted 3 years, 8 months ago
Too many responses saying B is the answer - I wonder if GCP pays people to provide the wrong answers on this website. It's clearly D, MIG templates support versioning, they were created to solve this exact problem. You simply select the previous template version, set that as the new deployment, and it will roll back the KPI depriving deployment and roll out the previous working deployment. The only part of D I don't like is the "terminate all instances" since you should engage in a rolling deployment, but if it's not a live website I suppose that would be fine. https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instance-groups/rolling-out-updates-to-managed-instance-groups
upvoted 61 times
AmitAr
1 year, 11 months ago
B. keyword is "self-healing" not "auto-healing" - which means MIG not used. So correct answer is B
upvoted 2 times
Bill831231
2 years, 6 months ago
seems with approach, there will be a mismatch in pipeline
upvoted 4 times
mexblood1
3 years, 5 months ago
If you can deploy your source code changes to the infrastructure in instance group for self-healing, it means you're not using Manage Instance Groups. Otherwise you would be creating a new template with the code changes. Further more, you would not delete instances on a MIG, you would be rolling out the previous template again in a controlled manner using maxsurge, maxunavailable, etc. For those reasons I'll choose B.
upvoted 19 times
Meyucho
2 years, 3 months ago
If you change manually the template.. why are using pipelines? B is the best answer because is automated!!! Why Google will be interested to vote the wrong answers??? They want more professionals with GCP certifications!!!!
upvoted 6 times
Davidik79
2 years, 1 month ago
"....One of the changes has impacted negatively your PKI". Why is the question about pipeline? It is about how to do investigations and keep your PKI at the proper SLA/SLO.
upvoted 1 times
dija123
Most Recent 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
Agree with B
upvoted 1 times
lisabisa
1 month, 3 weeks ago
D is infrastructure change. B is application change. So B is correct.
upvoted 3 times
kip21
3 months, 1 week ago
D The question is talking abt MIG and you can revert Inst Template same as B. Since this is about MIG's I will choose D
upvoted 1 times
adoyt
4 months ago
Selected Answer: D
D. This is a question about instance groups and so modifying templates should be what we're looking for.
upvoted 1 times
simiramis221
4 months, 1 week ago
This a B for sure
upvoted 1 times
AdityaGupta
6 months, 3 weeks ago
The popped up with source code changes, hence reverting the change and deployment will solve the issue. B. Revert the source code change, and rerun the deployment pipeline
upvoted 2 times
yilexar
7 months ago
D is incorrect: - MIG instance group template is immutable, there is no version concept. The context never mentioned that team created multiple instance group templates. - Software code change might not all ended up in the instance group templates, it depends on how the deployment pipeline is configured. Regardless, B is a best practices, ensure that your infrastructure is synced with your source control system.
upvoted 1 times
rusll
7 months, 1 week ago
You don't need to touch your code, just deploy and older version and fix the code, then deploy the fixed version
upvoted 2 times
jalberto
8 months, 2 weeks ago
The most secure option is D Revert a source code change could be complex (if change was made in various components)
upvoted 2 times
chrismar
10 months, 1 week ago
Because the question starting from source code
upvoted 2 times
oriori123123
10 months, 3 weeks ago
by bard: The correct answer is B. Revert the source code change, and rerun the deployment pipeline.
upvoted 1 times
JohnWick2020
10 months, 3 weeks ago
B. The keyword here is source code not VM configuration. If it was the later then instance group templates is the answer. But in this case simply rollback your source code change and rerun to last workable version. Simples!
upvoted 2 times
red_panda
11 months ago
B is ok for me
upvoted 1 times
Kiroo
11 months, 4 weeks ago
I would go with D, but it depends on many details. if it is an app KPI and there is a real issue to the business I would opt to make the app work perfectly again ASAP and then I would address the issue in the code base. But I can understand who would say that they would go with the pipeline approach.
upvoted 1 times
taer
1 year, 1 month ago
If a change negatively affects your key performance indicator, it's best to revert the source code change to a known good state and rerun the deployment pipeline. This ensures that your infrastructure is restored to a stable state while you investigate and fix the issue. Reverting the change and redeploying the code will allow your instance groups to continue functioning with the previous stable version, minimizing the impact on your application and users.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...