Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Associate Cloud Engineer topic 1 question 4 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Associate Cloud Engineer
Question #: 4
Topic #: 1
[All Associate Cloud Engineer Questions]

You want to configure autohealing for network load balancing for a group of Compute Engine instances that run in multiple zones, using the fewest possible steps.
You need to configure re-creation of VMs if they are unresponsive after 3 attempts of 10 seconds each. What should you do?

• A. Create an HTTP load balancer with a backend configuration that references an existing instance group. Set the health check to healthy (HTTP)
  • B. Create an HTTP load balancer with a backend configuration that references an existing instance group. Define a balancing mode and set the maximum RPS to 10.
  • C. Create a managed instance group. Set the Autohealing health check to healthy (HTTP)
  • D. Create a managed instance group. Verify that the autoscaling setting is on.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ReyBan
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
C, Agreed reference : https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/tutorials/high-availability-autohealing Pro Tip: Use separate health checks for load balancing and for autohealing. Health checks for load balancing detect unresponsive instances and direct traffic away from them. Health checks for autohealing detect and recreate failed instances, so they should be less aggressive than load balancing health checks. Using the same health check for these services would remove the distinction between unresponsive instances and failed instances, causing unnecessary latency and unavailability for your users.
upvoted 90 times
ashrafh
2 years, 7 months ago
I also vote for C go to gcp console create a httpa load balancer and in the health check settings take your mouse to question mark it says """Ensures that requests are sent only to instances that are up and running""" so its not recreating, if the vm not working it redirect to one which work. go to gpc console create MIG and check the questions mark of Autohealing health check settings it says """Autohealing allows recreating VM instances when needed. You can use a health check to recreate a VM instance if the health check finds it unresponsive. If you don't select a health check, Compute Engine will recreate VM instances only when they're not running.""" hope this help :)
upvoted 25 times
bryanchew
Highly Voted 3 years, 11 months ago
A. Create an HTTP load balancer with a backend configuration that references an existing instance group. Set the health check to healthy(HTTP) This is a possible answer. This answer assumes that the existing backend is configured correctly. B. Create an HTTP load balancer with a backend configuration that references an existing instance group. Define a balancing mode and set the maximum RPS to 10. This is a possible answer. This answer assumes that the existing backend is configured correctly. This answer adds an additional step over answer A. C. Create a managed instance group. Set the Autohealing health check to healthy(HTTP) This is only a partial solution. The default configuration is auto scaling enabled. You still need to create the HTTP Load Balancer. D. Create a managed instance group. Verify that the auto scaling setting is on. This is only a partial solution. Creating a Managed Instance Group with Auto Scaling is required, but you still need to create the HTTP Load Balancer. Therefore the best answer is A in my opinion.
upvoted 21 times
koniec
3 years, 4 months ago
It's A. Managed group already exists so create a LB with health checks. If you go for C, you will have to create a LB anyway so it's more steps to achieve the goal
upvoted 1 times
tavva_prudhvi
2 years, 11 months ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT7xDEtALPQ&list=PLIivdWyY5sqIij_cgINUHZDMnGjVx3rxi&index=36 step-1: go to the instance group step-2: click edit step-3: scroll down you will see auto-healing off by default change to ON step-4: create a health check saying 10 seconds as CHECK INTERVAL and UNHEALTHY THRESHOLD=3
upvoted 7 times
pYWORLD
2 years, 8 months ago
I hope you saw that in the questions is stated: "network load balancing"
upvoted 2 times
DickDastardly
3 years ago
It can't be A as a load balancer does not re-create unhealthy instances, as per the requirement. Has to be C https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instance-groups
upvoted 6 times
Ridhanya
2 years, 4 months ago
it cannot be option A because as you said, load balancer with the health check is already present and now the problem is simply auto healing. so we need to focus only on recreation which can happen only if option C is correct
upvoted 3 times
Ele24
Most Recent 1 month, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: C
C is Correct
upvoted 1 times
Arnaud92
2 months ago
C is correct.
upvoted 1 times
MiscoMove
3 months, 2 weeks ago
C is Correct!
upvoted 1 times
thewalker
4 months, 1 week ago
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
BAofBK
4 months, 3 weeks ago
The answer is C
upvoted 1 times
Evan7557
5 months, 2 weeks ago
C is Correct Answer
upvoted 1 times
YourCloudGuru
6 months, 1 week ago
The correct answer is C. Managed instance groups are groups of homogeneous Compute Engine instances that are managed as a single entity. They can be used to distribute traffic across multiple instances and to provide high availability. Autohealing is a feature of managed instance groups that automatically replaces instances that fail health checks. You can configure autohealing to recreate instances if they are unresponsive after a certain number of attempts. To configure autohealing for network load balancing, you need to create a managed instance group and set the Autohealing health check to healthy (HTTP). The health check will periodically probe the instances in the group to see if they are responding. If an instance fails the health check, autohealing will recreate it.
upvoted 1 times
Captain1212
6 months, 4 weeks ago
C is the right answer
upvoted 1 times
alexiscloud
7 months, 2 weeks ago
I am preparing for GCP Associate engineer exam. If anyone has the entire questions set, please share them to [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
7 months, 1 week ago
Hi, I am preparing for the same if you got the entire questions please share them at [email protected]. Thank you so much.
upvoted 1 times
rejar
7 months, 3 weeks ago
I am preparing for GCP Associate engineer exam. I was able to access 92 questions only, if anyone has the entire questions please share them to my [email protected] address. Thanks in advance!
upvoted 1 times
Mogamat
8 months, 1 week ago
Answe C
upvoted 1 times
rosh199
8 months, 1 week ago
I also vote for C
upvoted 1 times
Mamoon2023
10 months, 3 weeks ago
I am preparing for GCP Associate engineer exam. If anyone has the entire questions set, please share them to [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
Naresg
1 year ago
I am preparing for GCP ACE, able to access only 92 questions Would really appreciate, If anyone can share the full set of questions to [email protected]
upvoted 2 times
nooneknows
11 months, 3 weeks ago
I can sell you by 20 USD!
upvoted 1 times
ALAMEEN1
11 months, 3 weeks ago
guaranteed to pass?
upvoted 1 times
Partha117
1 year ago
That is the only option with autohealing which will recreate instance, just doing health check using http load balancer will not help to recreate, that can only redirect traffic
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...