Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Professional Data Engineer topic 1 question 96 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Professional Data Engineer
Question #: 96
Topic #: 1
[All Professional Data Engineer Questions]

You want to analyze hundreds of thousands of social media posts daily at the lowest cost and with the fewest steps.
You have the following requirements:
✑ You will batch-load the posts once per day and run them through the Cloud Natural Language API.
✑ You will extract topics and sentiment from the posts.
✑ You must store the raw posts for archiving and reprocessing.
✑ You will create dashboards to be shared with people both inside and outside your organization.
You need to store both the data extracted from the API to perform analysis as well as the raw social media posts for historical archiving. What should you do?

• A. Store the social media posts and the data extracted from the API in BigQuery.
  • B. Store the social media posts and the data extracted from the API in Cloud SQL.
  • C. Store the raw social media posts in Cloud Storage, and write the data extracted from the API into BigQuery.
  • D. Feed to social media posts into the API directly from the source, and write the extracted data from the API into BigQuery.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
[Removed]
Highly Voted 4 years ago
Answer: C Description: Social media posts can images/videos which cannot be stored in bigquery
upvoted 46 times
Shawvin
2 years, 6 months ago
Yes, the raw data needs to be archived too
upvoted 1 times
Devx198912233
3 years, 9 months ago
but the posts are fed into cloud natural language api. which means we have to consider the posts to be text only
upvoted 4 times
asksathvik
2 years, 8 months ago
Also to run batch queries data needs to be in Cloud Storage, so why not just store it there?
upvoted 1 times
psu
Highly Voted 4 years ago
Answer should be C, becose they ask you to save a copy of the raw posts for archival, which may not be possible if you directly feed the posts to the API.
upvoted 17 times
itz_me_sudhir
Most Recent 1 year, 1 month ago
can any one help me with the rest of question from 101 to 209 as i dont have a contributor access
upvoted 2 times
zellck
1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: C
C is the answer.
upvoted 2 times
sedado77
1 year, 7 months ago
I got this question on sept 2022. Answer is C
upvoted 5 times
Erso
1 year, 7 months ago
C is the correct one
upvoted 1 times
medeis_jar
2 years, 3 months ago
Only C make sense.
upvoted 2 times
MaxNRG
2 years, 3 months ago
You must store the raw posts for archiving and reprocessing, Store the raw social media posts in Cloud Storage. B is expensive D is not valid since you have to store the raw posts for archiving Between A and C I’s say C, since we’re going to make dashboards and Data Studio will connect well with big query. and besides A would probably be more expensive.
upvoted 3 times
BigQuery
2 years, 4 months ago
SAY MY NAME!
upvoted 4 times
StefanoG
2 years, 4 months ago
Analysis BQ Storage GCS
upvoted 2 times
fire558787
2 years, 8 months ago
I believe the API accesses data only from GCS Buckets not BigQuery (but I'm not entirely sure)
upvoted 1 times
sumanshu
2 years, 9 months ago
Vote for C
upvoted 2 times
DPonly
3 years, 3 months ago
Answer should be C because we need to consider storage archival
upvoted 2 times
arghya13
3 years, 5 months ago
I'll go with option C
upvoted 2 times
Alasmindas
3 years, 5 months ago
I will go with Option C, because of the following reasons:- a) Social media posts are "raw" - which means - it can be of any format (blob/object storage) is preferred. b) The output from the application (assuming the application is Cloud NLP) is to be future stored for archival purpose - and hence again Google Cloud storage is the best option - so option C Option A &C - Incorrect, although Option D fulfils the requirement of "fewest step" but storing data in big query for archival purpose is not a google recommended approach Option B : Cloud SQL rules out as it does not solve either for archival storage or for analytics purpose.
upvoted 3 times
singhkrishna
3 years, 7 months ago
cost of long term storing is almost same in GCS and BQ, so answer D makes sense from that angle..
upvoted 1 times
Tanmoyk
3 years, 7 months ago
The job is supposed to run in batch process once in a day , so there is no requirement of stream data. The best economical and less complex steps is answer C
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...