Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Associate Cloud Engineer topic 1 question 141 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Associate Cloud Engineer
Question #: 141
Topic #: 1
[All Associate Cloud Engineer Questions]

You created several resources in multiple Google Cloud projects. All projects are linked to different billing accounts. To better estimate future charges, you want to have a single visual representation of all costs incurred. You want to include new cost data as soon as possible. What should you do?

• A. Configure Billing Data Export to BigQuery and visualize the data in Data Studio.
  • B. Visit the Cost Table page to get a CSV export and visualize it using Data Studio.
  • C. Fill all resources in the Pricing Calculator to get an estimate of the monthly cost.
  • D. Use the Reports view in the Cloud Billing Console to view the desired cost information.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️
Reference:
https://cloud.google.com/billing/docs/how-to/visualize-data

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Zakaullah
Highly Voted 3 years, 7 months ago
Highly recommended website for exam prep.just passed the exam.
upvoted 33 times
IRobot
3 years, 7 months ago
Hope the best for my exam tomorrow
upvoted 6 times
[Removed]
3 years, 6 months ago
how did it go for you? I sit mine tomorrow.
upvoted 3 times
MoreOps
2 years, 4 months ago
Mine is tommorow lol.
upvoted 2 times
Pranad
2 years, 5 months ago
My exam is tomorrow, hope for the best.
upvoted 2 times
moses101
2 years, 4 months ago
how did things go?
upvoted 1 times
arsh1916
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
A is best answer
upvoted 10 times
SK1990
Most Recent 1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: A
A is the best anmswer.
upvoted 3 times
davidsalomon
1 year, 3 months ago
It can also be D, as I checked, the console has a nice view now for reporting and this question is old.
upvoted 2 times
PKookNN
1 year, 5 months ago
A is more correct as you can show data from multiple billing accounts as well as different projects.
upvoted 3 times
AwesomeGCP
1 year, 5 months ago
A. Configure Billing Data Export to BigQuery and visualize the data in Data Studio.
upvoted 2 times
Charumathi
1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: D
D is the correct Answer, Use the Reports in the Cloud Billing console to view the billing information for the resources in multiple projects. https://cloud.google.com/billing/docs/how-to/view-linked
upvoted 2 times
NikRi
1 year, 3 months ago
here projects are associated to different billing accounts! Reports view provides trends for a single billing account for date range. So ans is A
upvoted 2 times
eBooKz
1 year, 1 month ago
While D is a possible answer, it is not in this case because "all projects are linked to different billing accounts". Based on below quoted line from the link you shared, D would have been the answer if all projects were linked to the same billing account: "On the Account management page, linked projects are listed under Projects linked to this billing account."
upvoted 1 times
KapilDhamija
1 year, 7 months ago
Would go with A (Configure Billing Data Export to BigQuery and visualize the data in Data Studio)
upvoted 1 times
AzureDP900
1 year, 9 months ago
A is the best ..
upvoted 1 times
Tirthankar17
1 year, 9 months ago
A is correct
upvoted 1 times
EABDAJA
3 years ago
A is correct
upvoted 6 times
GCP_Student1
3 years ago
A. Configure Billing Data Export to BigQuery and visualize the data in Data Studio.
upvoted 6 times
nitinz
3 years, 1 month ago
A, Any time you see question about billing and has BQ - 99.99% of time correct answer is that has BQ in it.
upvoted 8 times
victory108
3 years, 1 month ago
A - Configure Billing Data Export to BigQuery and visualize the data in Data Studio.
upvoted 3 times
sarahf
3 years, 3 months ago
I was thinking A first. https://cloud.google.com/billing/docs/how-to/export-data-bigquery "Cloud Billing export to BigQuery enables you to export detailed Google Cloud billing data (such as usage, cost estimates, and pricing data) automatically throughout the day to a BigQuery dataset that you specify." It also says that: "Be aware that your BigQuery dataset only reflects Google Cloud billing data incurred from the date you set up Cloud Billing export, and after. That is, Google Cloud billing data is not added retroactively, so you won't see Cloud Billing data from before you enable export." But I am leaning towards alternative D after reading this page: https://cloud.google.com/billing/docs/how-to/reports. You don't have to export/import to see data and you can see costs from different projects. All you need is the permission: billing.accounts.getSpendingInformation. It can forecast future costs too. According to the video at the same page, BiqQuery exports to Data Studio is for deeper cost analysis.
upvoted 6 times
rramos96
3 years, 3 months ago
As we can read in the 1st paragraph at https://cloud.google.com/billing/docs/how-to/reports, Reports View from Cloud Billing Console shows info about a single Billing Account. This question says: - "all projects are linked to different billing accounts". - "we want to have a single visual representation". So, in my opinion, the best answer is [A] (BQ+data studio)
upvoted 9 times
don_v
3 years, 4 months ago
I guess it's A. I'm not sure how to get that info for multiple billing accounts with the billing report as they say "All projects are linked to different billing accounts."
upvoted 1 times
Bhagirathi
3 years, 4 months ago
A or D which one to choose ?
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...