Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Associate Cloud Engineer topic 1 question 125 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Associate Cloud Engineer
Question #: 125
Topic #: 1
[All Associate Cloud Engineer Questions]

Your company publishes large files on an Apache web server that runs on a Compute Engine instance. The Apache web server is not the only application running in the project. You want to receive an email when the egress network costs for the server exceed 100 dollars for the current month as measured by Google Cloud.
What should you do?

• A. Set up a budget alert on the project with an amount of 100 dollars, a threshold of 100%, and notification type of ג€email.ג€
  • B. Set up a budget alert on the billing account with an amount of 100 dollars, a threshold of 100%, and notification type of ג€email.ג€
  • C. Export the billing data to BigQuery. Create a Cloud Function that uses BigQuery to sum the egress network costs of the exported billing data for the Apache web server for the current month and sends an email if it is over 100 dollars. Schedule the Cloud Function using Cloud Scheduler to run hourly.
  • D. Use the Cloud Logging Agent to export the Apache web server logs to Cloud Logging. Create a Cloud Function that uses BigQuery to parse the HTTP response log data in Cloud Logging for the current month and sends an email if the size of all HTTP responses, multiplied by current Google Cloud egress prices, totals over 100 dollars. Schedule the Cloud Function using Cloud Scheduler to run hourly.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
GCP_Student1
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
C. Export the billing data to BigQuery. Create a Cloud Function that uses BigQuery to sum the egress network costs of the exported billing data for the Apache web server for the current month and sends an email if it is over 100 dollars. Schedule the Cloud Function using Cloud Scheduler to run hourly.
upvoted 23 times
MyName_
Highly Voted 3 years ago
[C] I think the keyword here is "as measured by Google Cloud". In Answer D you calculate the price yourself, in C you use the billing provided by GCP. Thus I think the Answer is C.
upvoted 12 times
bubidubi
Most Recent 2 months, 1 week ago
I would never had guessed C or D. I thought it's A, as it's the most straight forward. C or D are ridiculously complex to me.
upvoted 3 times
scanner2
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
Correct answer is C.
upvoted 1 times
Captain1212
7 months, 3 weeks ago
C is the correct answer , as it gives you everything the question wants
upvoted 1 times
Shenannigan
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
Answer is A From this Link: https://cloud.google.com/load-balancing/docs/ssl it states this: External SSL proxy load balancers are intended for non-HTTP(S) traffic. For HTTP(S) traffic, we recommend that you use an external HTTP(S) load balancer. 443 is HTTPS traffic for those saying 443 isn't https https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.xhtml?search=443
upvoted 1 times
Shenannigan
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Disregard this was supposed to be for question 127
upvoted 1 times
HiddenClouds
1 year, 4 months ago
Took the exam this week this question is on there, C is the correct answer you need to remember to filter.
upvoted 7 times
Charumathi
1 year, 6 months ago
C is the correct answer, You export the bill to BigQuery and filter for the Egress cost for the particular application, and send an email if the cost is over 100 dollars, to send an email you need to use cloud function to monitor and trigger based on the conditions.
upvoted 1 times
sylva91
1 year, 7 months ago
it can only be the C because "it's not the only app running"
upvoted 2 times
VietmanOfficiel
1 year, 8 months ago
Selected Answer: D
[D] Complex but works for resume network egres cost of ONLY the Apache instance
upvoted 1 times
theBestStudent
1 year, 8 months ago
I would say this is the approach without knowing that much: A & B discarded as they are not resourced oriented. We need to charge for the apache server (so focusing on the VM where it is hosted) in order to charge this server. D can't be as you are not charged in this case for that Response payload received.
upvoted 1 times
ryumada
1 year, 8 months ago
Answer C and D are correct to me. You can calculate the current Google Cloud egress prices using Cloud billing catalog API which can be used in D option. ref: https://cloud.google.com/blog/topics/cost-management/introducing-cloud-billing-catalog-api-gcp-pricing-in-real-time But, if you choose option C, then you will get the usage cost directly from cloud billing data. You should add a label to the Apache web server in order to select its cost. D has the more complex step, using more services too which is Cloud Logging to store the logging data of the VM and Cloud Billing Catalog API. The using of more services makes the D option to have more expensive costs.
upvoted 3 times
andreherwanto
1 year, 9 months ago
C is best options
upvoted 1 times
AzureDP900
1 year, 10 months ago
C is best options
upvoted 1 times
PAUGURU
1 year, 11 months ago
Selected Answer: B
C cannot be the right answer, you export the data to big Query only once. What is the use of a cloud function running every hour on the same data? It doesn't say "you export the data to BigQuery hourly".
upvoted 2 times
PAUGURU
1 year, 11 months ago
I was wrong, when you configure an export to Bigquery billing data are updated periodically, so answer is actually C. https://cloud.google.com/billing/docs/how-to/export-data-bigquery-tables?hl=en
upvoted 6 times
Leo_li_leo
2 years ago
I feel the answer should be B as projects can be specified and also services.
upvoted 2 times
PiperMe
1 month, 3 weeks ago
Project and billing account level budgets are too broad. They would include all costs within those scopes, not just egress from the Apache server.
upvoted 1 times
Pitchino80
2 years, 2 months ago
It's C
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...