Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Professional Cloud Architect topic 1 question 5 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Professional Cloud Architect
Question #: 5
Topic #: 1
[All Professional Cloud Architect Questions]

An application development team believes their current logging tool will not meet their needs for their new cloud-based product. They want a better tool to capture errors and help them analyze their historical log data. You want to help them find a solution that meets their needs.
What should you do?

• A. Direct them to download and install the Google StackDriver logging agent
  • B. Send them a list of online resources about logging best practices
  • C. Help them define their requirements and assess viable logging tools
  • D. Help them upgrade their current tool to take advantage of any new features
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
dummyemailforexam
Highly Voted 3 years, 11 months ago
A. This is GCP exam. They will always promote their services. Not a third party solution.
upvoted 102 times
willrof
3 years, 3 months ago
Totally Agree. offering Stackdriver Logging is what they want from a GCA. answer is A.
upvoted 6 times
Ziegler
3 years, 10 months ago
Remember that agent is only required for non cloud based resources. The question is saying their cloud based... feel C meets this need
upvoted 10 times
kkhurana
2 years, 2 months ago
logging agent is required for compute engine too.
upvoted 4 times
try_jai
2 years, 9 months ago
It's given as 'cloud based resource' but didn't mention if it is 'GCP'. It could be any cloud provider. So Stackdriver might be the answer.
upvoted 4 times
AzureDP900
1 year, 5 months ago
Agreed
upvoted 1 times
zr79
1 year, 5 months ago
I could not disagree with this. 100%
upvoted 3 times
MeasService
Highly Voted 4 years, 5 months ago
C should be the correct answer here
upvoted 56 times
tartar
3 years, 7 months ago
C is ok
upvoted 10 times
tartar
3 years, 7 months ago
I would love to choose B, but need to keep my job..
upvoted 12 times
Vika
3 years ago
What all viable logging you would suggest in this scenario! Cloud operations suite has everything.. cloud logging helps with many thing..In my mind this question is not meant for being a perfectionist but what would mostly work while option C is an approach that we will take questions ask about tool. Hence selecting A make sense to me. Thoughts!
upvoted 2 times
haroldbenites
2 years, 3 months ago
Someone fail the examn xD
upvoted 3 times
techalik
3 years, 4 months ago
Review the logging requirements and use existing logging utility. is not right. You know the requirements as you have found the current logging tool will not meet the needs for the new cloud-based product. Install Google Cloud logging agent on all VMs. is the right answer. The Logging agent streams logs from common third-party applications and system software to Logging. It is a best practice to run the Logging agent on all your VM instances. The agent runs under both Linux and Windows. The Logging agent is compatible with both GCP Compute Engine instances as well as AWS EC2 instances. Google, through its partners, provides logging services for on-premise and hybrid cloud platforms consistently and predictably. Ref: https://cloud.google.com/logging/docs/agent
upvoted 3 times
okixavi
3 years, 3 months ago
Why do you think they are using VM on GCE?
upvoted 1 times
penelop
2 years, 6 months ago
This is wrong. This certification is meant to prepare you to be a cloud architect (focusing on GCP). This does not mean that you are going to recommend everything that has google on its name. You need to understand client requirements first.
upvoted 4 times
aceton999
2 years, 1 month ago
Actually it does. A lot of questions guide you to the, in best case, fully managed GCP services. They should rename the certificate to "Professional Google Cloud Sales Person".
upvoted 3 times
lynx256
3 years ago
I'm surprised, @MeasService. I guess you had created the question an sugested ans. A. Then you wrote "C should be the correct answer here". Do you change your mind ?
upvoted 7 times
santoshchauhan
Most Recent 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Selected Answer: C
C. Help them define their requirements and assess viable logging tools. This approach is strategic because it starts with understanding the specific needs of the development team, which can vary widely depending on the nature of the cloud-based product they are working on. Here’s why this is the most suitable option: Requirement Analysis: By defining the exact requirements, you ensure that the selected logging tool will have the necessary features to capture errors and analyze historical log data effectively. Tool Assessment: Once the requirements are clear, you can perform an informed assessment of available logging tools that meet these criteria, which could include Google StackDriver, other cloud-native tools, or third-party solutions. Long-term Solution: Choosing the right tool based on precise requirements is likely to offer a long-term solution rather than a temporary fix.
upvoted 1 times
xxoox
1 month, 1 week ago
Solution should meet their needs
upvoted 1 times
akshath_shetty
1 month, 1 week ago
There is cost of IOPS , data storage and compute cost of querying of historical data , if I were an organization that decided to implement an open source solution in GCP I would incur these costs anyways plus developer cost for implementation. I would rather go with whats already there . Of course writing data to a cheaper cloud provider on regular intervals via a message Q could be another option but then again that would incur some extra network costs as well. Since they require an immediate solution I would go with A.
upvoted 1 times
cidom35694
1 month, 3 weeks ago
C is right answer! Get Up-to-date: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/937522847419094382
upvoted 1 times
Teckexam
2 months, 1 week ago
It is not mentioned that Team is using GCP but some cloud provider. Therefore without understanding requirements and current gaps in tooling we cannot define the solution. I feel correct answer is C
upvoted 1 times
hzaoui
2 months, 2 weeks ago
c is the best response here
upvoted 1 times
Haigk
2 months, 3 weeks ago
A is too specific (for GCE) considering limit solution details provided, so for an 'architect' exam C makes more sense.
upvoted 1 times
gcpAllCerts
3 months ago
Only reason A cannot be the answer is because of the need for Historical Log Data. The logs are captured by stackdriver agent from the point of installation and the requirement clearly says it needs historical logs. Also stackdriver retains logs for 3 months. You need another BQ based solution to retain historical logs older than 3 months. Requirements are need to be analyzed to gather answers for above. So "C" is the answer.
upvoted 2 times
gcpAllCerts
3 months ago
Another reason 'A' cannot be the answer is because of the need for "Analyzing Historical Log Data". With A you are now suggesting to install the agent now, and the agent can capture only ongoing logs but not the Historical ones. You need further requirement gathering to provide another/better solution to analyze historical data.
upvoted 2 times
AKhiladevijavvadi
5 months ago
Option A will not be correct as downloading will not give the best aproach C is always correct
upvoted 1 times
A21325412
5 months, 3 weeks ago
I've seen a lot of folks chosen C with a good argument of "requirements before solution". While I do agree with that argument. My choice would still be A. Reason being: (c.f: https://cloud.google.com/products/operations?hl=en) Note: Stackdriver was the former name, it's now Google Cloud's Operation Suite, and it works both "inside and outside" of Google Cloud. Therefore, if this new "cloud-based product" is on AWS or some other cloud provider, it would still work. Finally I saw a comment where someone said Google "will always promote their services". This is not true, especially for the Architect Exam.
upvoted 2 times
AdityaGupta
5 months, 3 weeks ago
I think C is correct answer, as they client has not defined any requirement yet, they are lookig for better tool for cloud which could Google's operations suit or any other tool.
upvoted 1 times
Amor_Apprendido
6 months ago
Hello Guys, If you have PDF copy of this Cloud Architect course. Please share to this email: [email protected] Please don't ignore.
upvoted 1 times
yilexar
6 months, 1 week ago
always understand the user needs and requirement first before suggesting.
upvoted 1 times
jrisl1991
6 months, 1 week ago
C. We don't even know why they think that, and Google Stackdriver (Cloud Logging) may not fulfill their needs either.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...