Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam HPE6-A73 topic 1 question 28 discussion

Actual exam question from HP's HPE6-A73
Question #: 28
Topic #: 1
[All HPE6-A73 Questions]

What is correct regarding multicasting and AOS-CX switches?

• A. IGMP snooping is disabled, by default, on Layer-2 VLAN interfaces
  • B. IGMP query functions are enabled, by default, on Layer-2 VLAN interfaces
  • C. IGMP snooping is enabled, by default, on Layer-3 VLAN interfaces
  • D. IGMP-enabled AOS-CX switches flood unknown multicast destinations
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
AM1234
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
The correct Answer is A
upvoted 6 times
sentinel44
Highly Voted 2 years, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Correct answer is A
upvoted 6 times
onaicul
Most Recent 9 months, 2 weeks ago
A is correct : https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.11/HTML/cli_6200/Content/Chp_igmp_sno/igmp_sno_cmds/ip-igm-sno-vlan.htm
upvoted 1 times
SeidorBruno
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
Page 565 Study Guide: One exception applies: an IGMP snooping switch DOES forward both unknown and known multicasts on any port on which it has heard IGMP queries – port 1/1 in the figure. This behavior is required so that a multicast stream can reach the multicast router. In fact, by default, the switch forwards unknown multicasts that arrive on one VLAN on any port on which it has heard queries in any VLAN. To c h a n g e t h i s b e h a v i o r a n d r e s t r i c t f o r w a r d i n g t o q u e r i e r p o r t s f o r t h a t s p e c i f i c V L A N , e n t e r the command: Switch(config)# ip igmp snooping drop- unknown vlan- exclusive [Aruba Networks]
upvoted 3 times
mammoura
9 months ago
The IGMP enabled switch will filter the unknown traffic , but the IGMP-snooping switch will forward it. so I think D is not correct
upvoted 1 times
Redrum702
11 months ago
Disregard my answer of B. The correct answer is A :)
upvoted 2 times
Redrum702
11 months ago
B: On Aruba AOS-CX switches, IGMP query functions are enabled by default on Layer-2 VLAN interfaces. IGMP (Internet Group Management Protocol) queries are used to discover multicast group memberships and maintain the multicast group membership information within a VLAN. When IGMP snooping is enabled on a Layer-2 VLAN interface, the switch actively sends IGMP queries to the hosts within the VLAN to discover which multicast groups they are interested in. These queries allow the switch to build and maintain the multicast forwarding tables, ensuring that multicast traffic is forwarded only to the ports where interested receivers are located. A is incorrect: on Aruba AOS-CX switches, IGMP snooping is enabled by default on Layer-2 VLAN interfaces. IGMP snooping is a feature that allows switches to monitor IGMP messages exchanged between hosts and multicast routers, enabling the switch to learn which hosts are interested in receiving specific multicast traffic and selectively forward the multicast traffic to those hosts.
upvoted 1 times
QiQi
1 year ago
IGMP default configuration: IGMP is disabled by default. The default IGMP version is IGMPv3. https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.07/PDF/5200-7876.pdf page17
upvoted 1 times
alex711
1 year, 1 month ago
I think it is D
upvoted 1 times
omen
1 year, 7 months ago
Correct answer is A
upvoted 2 times
aru_n
2 years, 4 months ago
Correct answer is A
upvoted 2 times
clupato2
2 years, 10 months ago
I think the answer is A
upvoted 3 times
Davidkanigui1
2 years, 10 months ago
I agree the answer should be A
upvoted 2 times
cloud29
3 years ago
The answer should be A
upvoted 3 times
poris27
3 years ago
I think the answer is A
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...