Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam HPE6-A73 topic 1 question 53 discussion

Actual exam question from HP's HPE6-A73
Question #: 53
Topic #: 1
[All HPE6-A73 Questions]

Examine the commands entered on an AOS-CX switch:

What is true regarding this configuration for traffic received on interface 100?

• A. The default next-hop address supersedes the two preceding next-hop addresses
  • B. The traffic is always dropped is the next-hop addresses are unreachable
  • C. The traffic will be routed with the IP routing table entries if the next-hop addresses are unreachable
  • D. The next-hop address of 1.1.1.1 is overwritten by the next-hop address of 2.2.2.2
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
asciithrowaway
Highly Voted 2 years, 7 months ago
Its B 1) Try NH 1.1.1.1 (Seq 10) 2) Try NH 2.2.2.2 (Seq 20) 3) Try default NH 3.3.3.3 (Seq 30) 4) Match interface null, which means drop the packet. (Seq 40) C is not correct, as interface null action will drop packets before the fallback to routing table can be leveraged.
upvoted 9 times
Linares1234
2 years, 7 months ago
Yes, but if the sentence its correct when NH its 1.1.1.1 not apply the dropped packet
upvoted 1 times
jordib4
2 years, 3 months ago
"interface null: equivalent to the policy drop policing action. Any packets matching the class criteria for that policy entry will be dropped and not routed any further." https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.05/HTML/5200-7300/index.html#GUID-DC7E5E47-8F31-4DE4-B257-1A68665B2AF4.html
upvoted 1 times
Mrvn
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
C is correct... If 1.1.1.1 is not reachable then next hop uses 2.2.2.2 if both of these are unreachable then normal routing table is used..and only if no route is available in routing table then default next-hop will kick-in
upvoted 7 times
A10busted
Most Recent 7 months, 1 week ago
B: is the closest: If none of the routers in the list are reachable, the packet may be dropped (through the null interface entry if configured) or forwarded according to a system route table entry.
upvoted 1 times
SeidorBruno
9 months, 4 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
Page 905 Study Guide: The figure shows that 4 packets have arrived at some interface, sitting in a queue, waiting for service. If the ingress buffer used a single queue, Head Of Line (HOL) blocking could delay traffic. This occurs when the first packet in the queue (at the “head of the line”) is destined out a congested port, it delays all packets behind it, even though those that are destined to noncongested ports. | AOS- CX switches use an intra- switch queuing method called Virtual output Queuing ( VoQ ). VOQ prevents this problem by providing deep ingress buffers with separate queues for each egress port. [Aruba Networks]
upvoted 3 times
slotblocker
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer: B.
upvoted 1 times
Redrum702
11 months ago
B: If none of the routers in the list are reachable, the packet may be dropped (through the null interface entry if configured) or forwarded according to a system route table entry.
upvoted 1 times
theklee
1 year, 4 months ago
Answer is B. A PBR action list is processed from the top down like an ACL. After the three nexthop entries, there's an interface null entry. This will drop all traffic that matches on the pbr-action-list.
upvoted 2 times
Alialo
1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: C
I think C is correct, firstly 1.1.1.1, if not active ->2.2.2.2, if not active->Routing Table, if no matched-> 9.9.9.9, if not active-> interface Null.
upvoted 1 times
karlkurt
1 year, 6 months ago
Selected Answer: B
From manual: If none of the routers in the list are reachable, the packet may be dropped (through the null interface entry if configured) or forwarded according to a system route table entry.
upvoted 1 times
Rockford
1 year, 6 months ago
Answer is B interface null means that if all three are unreachable packets are dropped, only B works for me: The active entry is the one with the lowest sequence number – the one entered first, by default. (1.1.1.1) This next hop is used exclusively unless that address becomes unavailable. Within 5 seconds, the router uses the next entry – 2.2.2.2. If both of those are down, then the router uses the default- nexthop 9.9.9.9. If all three are down, the interface null action ensures packets are merely thrown away. If you omit the interface null command, then the router falls back to using destination- based route table entries.
upvoted 5 times
NetExpert
1 year, 7 months ago
B is correct
upvoted 2 times
HuanChing
1 year, 10 months ago
B should be the correct one.
upvoted 2 times
rorzabal
1 year, 11 months ago
The answer is B it will fall thru like an ACL
upvoted 2 times
Luc
2 years, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: C
I think its C. If nexthop 1.1.1.1 is unreachable it will try nexthop 2.2.2.2.. If that one is also unreachable it will go toward the default-nexthop policy. Book explains default-nexthop as: Used if no specific route exists in routing table. So i believe it will first look at the routing table to foward the traffic, if there is no route there.. It will try 9.9.9.9, if that one is also unreachable he will drop the traffic because of interface null.
upvoted 4 times
Luke80
2 years, 3 months ago
Agree - Answer B is not correct as traffic will NOT ALWAYS beeing dropped - only if no routing entry exists AND default-nexthop is unreachable.
upvoted 2 times
clupato2
2 years, 8 months ago
D is correct: the second instruction overwrite the first one.
upvoted 1 times
clupato2
2 years, 8 months ago
I must correct myself. I think it's C. More than one next hop can be assigned with an ACL and they work by priority (based on the sequence number: lower sequence number -> higher priority). So next-hop 2.2.2.2 will be used if 1.1.1.1 is not reachable. If both are unreachable, then the packet will be routed looking at the default routing table, if no specific entry will be found, then the pacjet will be routed to the default next hop defined in the ACL.
upvoted 7 times
[Removed]
2 years, 10 months ago
I think it's b. PBR action list works like an ACL. Every entry is checked one by one and the first match is used. If the next hops are unavailable they don't match and it comes to interface null which iss the equivalent to dropping traffic.
upvoted 4 times
AM1234
2 years, 10 months ago
i think its C
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...