Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam IIA-CIA-Part1 topic 1 question 9 discussion

Actual exam question from IIA's IIA-CIA-Part1
Question #: 9
Topic #: 1
[All IIA-CIA-Part1 Questions]

According to the International Professional Practices Framework, internal auditors should possess which of the following competencies?
I. Proficiency in applying internal auditing standards, procedures, and techniques.
II. Proficiency in accounting principles and techniques.
III. An understanding of management principles.
IV. An understanding of the fundamentals of economics, commercial law, taxation, finance, and quantitative methods.

• A. I only
  • B. II only
  • C. I and III only
  • D. I, III, and IV only
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Shekhor
4 months, 1 week ago
My answer was I and III but I did not understand the reason for adding another number IV. can you explain it.
upvoted 1 times
cidifive
3 years ago
I. PROFICIENCY in applying internal auditing standards, procedures, and techniques. II. An APPRECIATION in accounting principles and techniques. III. An UNDERSTANDING of management principles. IV. An APPRECIATION of the fundamentals of economics, commercial law, taxation, finance, and quantitative methods. Answer should be C.
upvoted 2 times
Ivana2000
2 years, 5 months ago
to understand means to be able to process the meaning of. like "verstehen" in german. to appreciate something means to recognize the value of something good...
upvoted 1 times
thabash
3 years, 1 month ago
because internal auditor must have Proficiency in applying internal auditing standards, and understanding in other fields
upvoted 2 times
rizipakistani
3 years, 4 months ago
As per IPPF, Internal Auditors are expected to be proficient in applying internal auditing standards, procedures, and techniques. IA are not expected to be proficient in accounting, economics, commerce, IT etc. but should have an understanding of these stated areas. The trick in this question lied in the word understanding.
upvoted 2 times
chung002
3 years, 4 months ago
key word is "understanding" is not equal to proficiency. This question is designed to confuse. Does the IPPF specifically state commercial law etc
upvoted 2 times
Thila
3 years, 4 months ago
I think the trick lies with the word "understanding" - you are required to have some familiarity with those aspects of III. Whereas II is talking about "proficiency" which is more applicable to external auditors.
upvoted 1 times
Thila
3 years, 4 months ago
*aspects of IV
upvoted 1 times
Adarno
3 years, 8 months ago
I'm surprised with the answer. I think it should be C. Why is it D?
upvoted 1 times
SAJY
3 years, 9 months ago
Answer is C? Appreciation of fundamentals of economics, commercial law..ect ?
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...