Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam IIA-CIA-Part2 topic 1 question 5 discussion

Actual exam question from IIA's IIA-CIA-Part2
Question #: 5
Topic #: 1
[All IIA-CIA-Part2 Questions]

The most effective way for internal auditors to enhance the reliability of computerized financial and operating information is by:

• A. Determining if controls over record keeping and reporting are adequate and effective.
  • B. Reviewing data provided by information systems to test compliance with external requirements.
  • C. Determining if information systems provide management with timely information.
  • D. Determining if information systems provide complete information.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
thabash
3 years, 1 month ago
the question talks anbout information which is output which is reporting A- perfect answer as it to check that reporting are adequate and effective. B- is data, which mean input, the question talk about information and output c-information system that provide management on timely, where ANSWER A talks about effective of the report D-information system not reporting
upvoted 1 times
YogeshShenoy
3 years, 4 months ago
I believe the reason for A being the answer is that, option B is only to referring to external requirements (option is completely ruled out), option C is only referring to information being timely, option D is only referring to information being complete. Whereas the reliability of any system can be enhanced through its effectiveness and adequacy (which are also taking care of completeness and timliness of the information)
upvoted 3 times
madihaf
3 years, 5 months ago
if reporting and controls are effective, then the output from the system would be reliable.
upvoted 2 times
chung002
3 years, 5 months ago
i have a feeling that it is a black box approach . i.e. if records keeping is effective, the information going into the system would be reliable and thus reporting is deemed reliable too.
upvoted 1 times
Camargo
3 years, 5 months ago
Actually, I did not understand the answer of this questions. Why not options C and D? Can someone please help me with some clarifications? Thanks!
upvoted 2 times
Prossyn
2 years, 11 months ago
The most important words in this question are 1) most effective 2) reliability Reliability means free from bias and comes from a credible source A) If controls over record keeping and reporting are adequate and effective then we can rely on the output because it is free from bias to an ascertained extent B) Compliance with external requirements does not necessarily mean free from bias C) Timeliness is just a part of reliability for example if an auditor receives the trial balance on time it does not necessarily mean that they should rely on the numbers in there D) Complete information is sufficient not reliable Qualities of audit evidence
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...