Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CRISC topic 1 question 521 discussion

Actual exam question from Isaca's CRISC
Question #: 521
Topic #: 1
[All CRISC Questions]

Which of the following approaches to bring your own device (BYOD) service delivery provides the BEST protection from data loss?

• A. Implement penetration testing and session timeouts
  • B. Implement remote monitoring
  • C. Enforce strong passwords and data encryption
  • D. Enable data wipe capabilities
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
hussmohsin
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
The answer is D, remote wipe. Remote monitoring is not a protection mechanism.
upvoted 7 times
tsangckl
2 years ago
It cant protect the device if the device is offline. Its C
upvoted 4 times
tech_sulaiman
Most Recent 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Selected Answer: C
Data encryption more important than data wipe, because when the risk occurs (data loss) the data wiping will not help us to return the data.
upvoted 1 times
eblue
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
While both options C and D are strong protective measures, the BEST protection from data loss (especially considering situations where a device is lost or stolen) would be: D. Enable data wipe capabilities. It ensures that even if preventive measures fail (like passwords being bypassed), the data can still be removed to prevent compromise.
upvoted 1 times
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
D. Enable data wipe capabilities Allowing employees to bring their own devices to the workplace and connect them to the corporate network (BYOD) presents various security challenges. Of the options provided, enabling data wipe capabilities offers the best protection against data loss. If a personal device is lost or stolen, the organization can remotely wipe corporate data from that device, ensuring that sensitive information doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
upvoted 1 times
mraiyan
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Going with "C". Remote wiping -as I assume will be handled by the Administrator manually- this process might take time until the owner of the device discovered it was stolen. If the device is not encrypted with strong password authentication what remote wiping will do then ?. The data already stolen
upvoted 1 times
CbtL
12 months ago
C seems the best answer to me. It inherently protects against loss of confidentiality. But I have this nagging doubt that somewhere in the 7th edition study guide I read that remote wipe was for data loss.
upvoted 1 times
Ceecil1959
1 year, 11 months ago
C is certainly the answer here. (don't bother about the answer provided as it makes no sense. How can remote monitoring protect data loss?).
upvoted 1 times
Ceecil1959
1 year, 11 months ago
I say C is the correct answer. Strong password and data encryption will protect data loss. How can remote monitoring protect data loss?
upvoted 1 times
Raj1510
2 years, 2 months ago
I will go with C , even D is one option but not feasible most of the time.
upvoted 4 times
thkeldu6
2 years ago
it says BYOD. there is Strong Password not easy to implement. Encryption is possible in the Sandbox. But the company data within the Sandbox can be protected. And it asks for Data Loss, which is Remote Wipe Capability.
upvoted 1 times
tsangckl
2 years ago
its C, if u have MDM strong password policy is easy to do. If your mobile device is not online, u cant remote wipe the device.
upvoted 2 times
GLin
2 years, 6 months ago
CISA/CISM is C
upvoted 3 times
ARAMiS
2 years, 9 months ago
I'll go with C.
upvoted 2 times
Tomm8125
2 years, 11 months ago
I dont think they can enable data wipe capabilities on phones that they don't own so therefore I dont think it is D.
upvoted 2 times
Tomm8125
2 years, 11 months ago
correction, it is D
upvoted 2 times
Ics2Pass
3 years ago
I will go with C
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...