Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CISSP topic 1 question 407 discussion

Actual exam question from ISC's CISSP
Question #: 407
Topic #: 1
[All CISSP Questions]

Which type of log collection is focused on detecting and responding to attacks, malware infection, and data theft?

• A. Intrusion detection
  • B. Operational
  • C. Security
  • D. Compliance
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
hoho2000
1 month, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: D
Should be D. IDS dont response to attack short of issuing an alert or email. In this context I would say the question is asking for stopping the attack since they added in malwares etc words
upvoted 1 times
GeenHersens
2 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Answer C is too broad. The question contains "focused" and IDS detects and responds to "attacks, malware infection, and data theft".
upvoted 1 times
pete79
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
C contains A
upvoted 2 times
GuardianAngel
2 months, 2 weeks ago
SOAR collects security logs and can respond and "security logs" can include system, security, router, firewall, EDR and other logs. I would say C. Security logs is correct. ID can be either just detection or it can be detection and response, but it doesn't cover malware infection, and data theft as well as a SOAR can.
upvoted 1 times
gjimenezf
2 months, 3 weeks ago
IDS is the best, Security is limited
upvoted 1 times
GPrep
3 months, 2 weeks ago
I'm going with A. Security logs are just that, logs, they won't react in any way. While IPS is a better solution on the network, IDS CAN respond - see pg 414 of the CISSP Study guide - "Until your browser and/or host-based intrusion detection system (HIDS) can detect and respond to push lockers, the only response is to close/terminate the browser and not return to the same URL. Host-based CAN respond in some way.
upvoted 2 times
YesPlease
4 months ago
Answer A) IDS Keywords in question, "detecting and responding". Only IDS can do this from the list provided.
upvoted 1 times
babaseun
1 year ago
How will Intrusion detection detect data theft?
upvoted 2 times
jackdryan
11 months, 2 weeks ago
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
1 year ago
I would go for C here. I think IDS logs are too narrow of a concept for data theft and malware. Security seems a broader concept that covers it all.
upvoted 1 times
Goseu
1 year ago
The type of log collection that is focused on detecting and responding to attacks, malware infection, and data theft is Security log collection. ChatGPT
upvoted 1 times
Delab202
1 year ago
Security log collection is focused on detecting and responding to attacks, malware infection, and data theft. Security log collection involves the monitoring and analysis of various system and application logs to identify security-related events, such as failed login attempts, changes to system configurations, and network activity. This type of log collection is critical for identifying and responding to security incidents, such as cyber attacks, malware infections, and data theft.
upvoted 1 times
sausageman
1 year, 1 month ago
Definitely A. https://resources.infosecinstitute.com/certification/logging-monitoring-need-know-cissp/#:~:text=An%20overview%20of%20log%20file&text=Some%20popular%20examples%20of%20log,prevention%20system%20(IPS)%20logs.
upvoted 1 times
liledag
1 year, 1 month ago
The type of log collection that is focused on detecting and responding to attacks, malware infection, and data theft is Security log collection. Therefore, option C, Security, is the correct answer. Intrusion detection log collection is a type of security log collection that focuses specifically on detecting and preventing unauthorized access to a network or system. Operational log collection, on the other hand, is focused on monitoring the performance and availability of IT infrastructure, such as servers, applications, and network devices. Compliance log collection involves collecting and retaining logs to meet regulatory requirements and industry standards, such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, and GDPR. While all three types of log collection are important, security log collection is the most critical for detecting and responding to security incidents and threats.
upvoted 2 times
Bodatiousbob
1 year, 1 month ago
I agree with A, IDS can detect and respond to all those provided scenarios. While they cannot "prevent", they can still inform/respond by sending alerts. Page 820 of the CISSP 9th edition official study guide.
upvoted 1 times
Arsh_2022
1 year, 1 month ago
I think Answer Should be A,
upvoted 1 times
Arsh_2022
1 year, 1 month ago
I might be wrong cos IDS will only detect, it will not prevent.
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...