Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CISSP topic 1 question 470 discussion

Actual exam question from ISC's CISSP
Question #: 470
Topic #: 1
[All CISSP Questions]

Which of the following is a safeguard that could be used to validate a service provider and the authenticity of their service?

• A. Information graphing
  • B. Code signing
  • C. Service signing
  • D. Code graphing
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
marziparzi
2 weeks, 5 days ago
I don't like this question because "signing" can be done to any data. So just because you can't google "Service signing" doesn't mean it's not valid. This all depends on what they mean by "service". If "service" refers to some kind of executable then "Service signing" seems to work. I hate this
upvoted 1 times
Hongjun
3 weeks, 4 days ago
Selected Answer: C
From GPT: Service signing is a security mechanism similar to code signing but applied specifically to services, rather than executable code or scripts. It involves digitally signing service-related artifacts, such as service manifests, service descriptions, or service configuration files, with a cryptographic signature. so code signing refers to software and service signing refers to Service.
upvoted 1 times
bp339
4 months ago
Selected Answer: B
service signing doesn't exist
upvoted 4 times
Soleandheel
4 months ago
Yes, you're right! There is no such thing as service signing on the CISSP exam domains or standard information security terminology.
upvoted 1 times
Soleandheel
4 months, 1 week ago
C. Service signing......... is the appropriate safeguard to validate the source and integrity of the service, ensuring it comes from a trusted provider and has not been tampered with during delivery.
upvoted 1 times
Soleandheel
4 months ago
I stand corrected! .................."Service signing" is not a recognized term in the context of the CISSP exam domains or standard information security terminology. The process of code signing involves digitally signing code or software to ensure that it comes from a trusted source and has not been tampered with. Therefore, I am changing my answer choice to B. Code Signing after doing further research.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
I think B. What is Service signing ? My Google did not know this word
upvoted 1 times
HughJassole
10 months, 2 weeks ago
B. Code signing. Service Signing is a fake name, I can't find anything on google for it.
upvoted 4 times
Meowson
9 months, 1 week ago
Agreed, there's no such thing as service signing.
upvoted 2 times
aleXplicitly
1 year ago
Service signing
upvoted 1 times
jackdryan
11 months, 2 weeks ago
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
examprep900
1 year ago
service signing
upvoted 1 times
mccoy
1 year, 1 month ago
The safeguard that could be used to validate a service provider and the authenticity of their service is "Service signing". This involves using digital signatures to validate the source and integrity of the service, ensuring that it comes from a trusted provider and has not been tampered with during transit or delivery. ---chatgpt
upvoted 1 times
Rollingalx
1 year, 1 month ago
I go with C Correct is Service signing not code signing, this one is for executable code signing.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...