ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
Location Chicago IL, USA

Exam CISSP topic 1 question 9 discussion

Actual exam question from ISC's CISSP
Question #: 9
Topic #: 1
[All CISSP Questions]

Intellectual property rights are PRIMARY concerned with which of the following?

• A. Ownerג€™s ability to realize financial gain
  • B. Ownerג€™s ability to maintain copyright
  • C. Right of the owner to enjoy their creation
  • D. Right of the owner to control delivery method
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Suggested Answer: A

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ExamMan2020
Highly Voted 1 year, 1 month ago
I would say the answer is A. Copyright - prevent illegal distribution of creative works. Stop people from reproducing your songs, movies etc therefore stealing your sales. Patent - protect an idea, allowing exclusivity of the idea. Protects others from copying it and allows the holder to license it or sell it = financial gain Trademark - slogan, words etc. has nothing to do with enjoying it's own creation. Trade secrets - Secret herbs and spices - again has nothing to do with it's creation but about competitive edge = financial gain
upvoted 10 times
Akiicool
Most Recent 1 week, 3 days ago
IT is talking about Primary concern... So If you can control D, automatically A will achieved... IP includes everything not only copyright or trademarks or secret or patent... 1 Primary concern will be to control delivery method.. I will go with D...
upvoted 1 times
mallika123
5 months, 1 week ago
A it is
upvoted 1 times
jackdryan
5 months, 2 weeks ago
I'll go with A
upvoted 2 times
Raves
7 months ago
To me, it should be A B is copyright C is patent D is trade secrets Now, intellectual property is collection of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret. considering the given options, except A all are referring to specific intellectual property.
upvoted 3 times
kabwitte
8 months ago
It is A
upvoted 1 times
madcloud
8 months, 1 week ago
A is the right answer
upvoted 1 times
awscnna3
8 months, 2 weeks ago
I'll go with A
upvoted 1 times
zaguy
8 months, 3 weeks ago
The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK Reference, 5th edition PAGE 32-33 Licensing and Intellectual Property Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind. In practice, the protection of intellectual property is of paramount importance to the economic well-being of a nation. The four main forms of intellectual property are patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Each affords a different level of protection to the creator Best Answer : A - Owner's ability to realize financial gain
upvoted 2 times
Marlon_Franco22
10 months ago
I'll go with A
upvoted 1 times
oldmagic
10 months, 3 weeks ago
The answer is no doubt A. Owner's ability to realize financial gain
upvoted 1 times
Ramnik
11 months ago
As per WIPO "https://www.wipo.int/about-ip/en/". Answer is A. Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names and images used in commerce. IP is protected in law by, for example, patents, copyright and trademarks, which enable people to earn recognition or financial benefit from what they invent or create. By striking the right balance between the interests of innovators and the wider public interest, the IP system aims to foster an environment in which creativity and innovation can flourish.
upvoted 1 times
Ics2Pass
11 months, 2 weeks ago
" The main purpose of intellectual property law is to encourage the creation of a wide variety of intellectual goods.[9] To achieve this, the law gives people and businesses property rights to the information and intellectual goods they create, usually for a limited period of time. This gives economic incentive for their creation, because it allows people to profit from the information and intellectual goods they create.[9] These economic incentives are expected to stimulate innovation and contribute to the technological progress of countries, which depends on the extent of protection granted to innovators." I think the Answer is A
upvoted 2 times
Ajith1
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Right answer should be C because Intellectual property concept is general concepts for the right to protect someone's work in their respective fields
upvoted 2 times
e_karma
1 year ago
I would say A. Defintely not D & C. I can enjoy my creation irrespective of it is copyrighted or not . who is preventing me from reading a novel i wrote or listening to music i composed . IP exists so that I as a creator , inventor can have financial gains from it . think patent/copyright and even trade marks. It is definitely A
upvoted 3 times
beowolf
12 months ago
You are correct. change my answer. The main purpose of intellectual property law is to encourage the creation of a wide variety of intellectual goods.[9] To achieve this, the law gives people and businesses property rights to the information and intellectual goods they create, usually for a limited period of time. This gives economic incentive for their creation, because it allows people to profit from the information and intellectual goods they create.[9] These economic incentives are expected to stimulate innovation and contribute to the technological progress of countries, which depends on the extent of protection granted to innovators [Wikipedia]
upvoted 1 times
CJ32
1 year ago
Wording is screwed on this one but can everyone tell me why they are thinking C? Enjoying your creation has nothing to do with intellectual rights. You can enjoy your creation whether your intellectual property is taken or not. The way its worded any of the answers could be right but I don't see why it would be C. Someone explain with documentation and proof please.
upvoted 1 times
topcat
1 year ago
C - Intellectual property rights (IPR) refers to the legal rights given to the inventor or creator to protect his invention or creation for a certain period of time.[1] These legal rights confer an exclusive right to the inventor/creator or his assignee to fully utilize his invention/creation for a given period of time. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3217699/
upvoted 1 times
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...