Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CCSP topic 1 question 233 discussion

Actual exam question from ISC's CCSP
Question #: 233
Topic #: 1
[All CCSP Questions]

The president of your company has tasked you with implementing cloud services as the most efficient way of obtaining a robust disaster recovery configuration for your production services.
Which of the cloud deployment models would you MOST likely be exploring?

• A. Hybrid
  • B. Private
  • C. Community
  • D. Public
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️
A hybrid cloud model spans two more different hosting configurations or cloud providers. This would enable an organization to continue using its current hosting configuration, while adding additional cloud services to enable disaster recovery capabilities. The other cloud deployment models--public, private, and community-- would not be applicable for seeking a disaster recovery configuration where cloud services are to be leveraged for that purpose rather than production service hosting.

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Pika26
12 months ago
Selected Answer: A
A. Hybrid
upvoted 1 times
Lenell
1 year, 3 months ago
The question implies that you DO NOT have a clod solution. DR context implies that your current location is no longer usable for ops so the DR location must be in a different location than your current location, Cloud would allow you to recover faster and with less cost. Hybrid is best cloud solution for this.
upvoted 1 times
hanyahmed
1 year, 3 months ago
A is the correct answer, it is Hybrid DR model
upvoted 1 times
AJ2021
1 year, 5 months ago
Another tricky question, where you could argue for both A & D, but in my opinion, the way it is written, I would go for A
upvoted 1 times
serget12
1 year, 6 months ago
Disaster takes place, it would make sense that the area the region that is impact would impact your On-prem. Public cloud would allow you to set-up your DR location in a totally different region giving you the best option. Not to mention Cost savings.
upvoted 1 times
nigthwish
1 year, 6 months ago
A: is the correct answer. No other one would even closely come to benefit DR as well as hybrid would.
upvoted 2 times
quagga
1 year, 8 months ago
A: Hybrid
upvoted 1 times
zaqwsx
1 year, 12 months ago
Selected Answer: D
I will go public is most efficent way IMO
upvoted 3 times
pete1981
2 years, 3 months ago
Is the company currently operating on prem or in cloud? If it's currently in cloud, which model? The answer incorrectly assumes that we know the information.
upvoted 4 times
AWSPro24
2 years, 3 months ago
pg 25 of the study guide "“Cloud bursting” and disaster recovery can be enhanced by hybrid cloud deployments; “cloud bursting” allows for public cloud resources to be utilized when a private cloud workload has reached maximum capacity." Also, if you are "implementing" cloud services I am going to say Hybrid as you can't just go from on-prem to cloud unless you're only doing IaaS / VMs.
upvoted 2 times
cmarcos97
2 years, 7 months ago
Public(AWS or Azure) makes more sense to me. Hybrid if needing more shared security responsibility.
upvoted 2 times
phanil1
2 years, 11 months ago
I think its public, question doesnt talk about PII or SPI/PHI, it doesn't say you have a mix of clouds. robust DR is only three in public.
upvoted 1 times
HCL
3 years, 5 months ago
The question doesn't mention the production environment is a private cloud environment. According to NIST's definition, it cannot be a Hybrid Cloud if it does not involves two of more distinct cloud infrastructures (private, community, or public).
upvoted 2 times
Ahbey_911
3 years, 2 months ago
I don't think the question need to specify that the production environment need to be private cloud for the answer to be hybrid. It's hybrid because sensitive and PII data are usually backed up on private cloud, while other data can be backed up on public cloud. So, private+public=hybrid in this case.
upvoted 3 times
Zeezee2
2 years, 4 months ago
In this specific case, nothing says that production would move from onprem to cloud so we should assume only bcp/dr elements may be put to cloud meaning either simply backup and archiving and perhaps also the replication of on-prem resources to their cloud counterparts whenever it is needed. In any case, this is a hybrid setup which may require some degree of interoperability. Public cloud would be more suitable if they specify least cost and least effort without specific security needs, but it's not mentioned.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...