Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam JN0-103 topic 1 question 70 discussion

Actual exam question from Juniper's JN0-103
Question #: 70
Topic #: 1
[All JN0-103 Questions]

Referring to the exhibit, which statement is correct when traffic is received from 10.10.10.4?

• A. The traffic is counted and rejected.
  • B. The traffic is only accepted.
  • C. The traffic is counted and accepted.
  • D. The traffic is only rejected.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
cosminaas
Highly Voted 3 years, 7 months ago
The correct answer is C. Because on firewall filter the terminating action by default is accept.
upvoted 24 times
pan101
Highly Voted 3 years, 7 months ago
If you specify a modifier (count) and dont specify a terminating action,the default behavior of FW filter is aceept
upvoted 15 times
Kalabin
Most Recent 2 years, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: C
C; The firewall filter is allowing traffic from the source address and logging it, then discarding all others.
upvoted 1 times
FR99
2 years, 3 months ago
Answer is C “When we apply a non-terminating action they technically come with an implicit ALLOW terminating action” https://youtu.be/7LXFonmAKk0 min 3:32
upvoted 1 times
Djohan23
2 years, 6 months ago
The correct answer is C. If the packet matches all the conditions, and no action is specified in the then statement, the "default" action accept is taken. https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/routing-policy/topics/concept/firewall-filter-ex-series-evaluation-understanding.html
upvoted 1 times
brutalic
2 years, 7 months ago
"When a firewall filter consists of a single term, the filter is evaluated as follows: If the packet matches all the conditions, the action in the then statement is taken. If the packet matches all the conditions, and no action is specified in the then statement, the default action accept is taken." It looks like the correct answer is C. Please see source that I pasted above: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/routing-policy/topics/concept/firewall-filter-ex-series-evaluation-understanding.html
upvoted 3 times
minmon_6789
2 years, 7 months ago
C is correct. If you don't specify an action in the "then" statement, the default action is "accept".
upvoted 1 times
traceroute19
2 years, 8 months ago
It is C, the address matches the first term's subnet which is then counted in the building-1 counter and accepted. It says the same thing in Juniper's learning portal.
upvoted 1 times
Andresaph05
2 years, 10 months ago
the correct answer is C
upvoted 3 times
isma
3 years ago
C is the correct answer, when a term match and there is no terminating action the packet is accepted (implicit accept you must add next term or next filter to continue evaluation)
upvoted 2 times
sobrar
3 years, 3 months ago
Correct Ans is C When a firewall filter consists of more than one term, the firewall filter is evaluated sequentially: The packet is evaluated against the conditions in the from statement in the first term. If the packet matches all the conditions in the term, the action in the then statement is taken and the evaluation ends. Subsequent terms in the filter are not evaluated. If the packet does not match all the conditions in the term, the packet is evaluated against the conditions in the from statement in the second term. This process continues until either the packet matches the conditions in the from statement in one of the subsequent terms or there are no more terms in the filter. If a packet passes through all the terms in the filter without a match, the packet is discarded.
upvoted 1 times
zerobits
3 years, 2 months ago
Wrong. Count is a non-terminating action. Non-terminating actions cause the rest of the policy to be evaluated. What you copy and pasted is correct, but this is a non-terminating action
upvoted 1 times
yyppy
3 years, 1 month ago
Wrong. Count is a modifier. Juniper doc is clear, I quote : "If you specify an action modifiers, but not specify a terminating action, the system implies an action of accept" The second Team would only be evaluated if "next term" was added below "Count building-1" FYI Building-1 is just the counter name. "A" is false for me and I don't understand why it's on all dump files...
upvoted 2 times
yyppy
3 years, 1 month ago
I just verify my purpose on J-Lab : my ping is counted and accepted. The second Term is never evaluated ! The right answer is C !!!
upvoted 4 times
Router
3 years, 3 months ago
The correct ans is A
upvoted 2 times
signorloba
3 years, 3 months ago
Definitely C. In firewall filters when the matching condition of a term is verified the term is evaluated and the evaluation stops on this term. If no terminating action is specified this is acepted by default. This is slightly different from route policies where in case of a non terminating action the evaluation continue on the next term.
upvoted 1 times
zerobits
3 years, 2 months ago
Incorrect. Count is not a terminating action.
upvoted 2 times
drein
3 years, 4 months ago
the correct is C, since this question is about firewall filters. The next-term by 'no terminating action implied' is a behaviour of routing-policies
upvoted 1 times
Petermajernik
3 years, 5 months ago
If you specify an action modifier, but do not specify a terminating action, the system implies an action of accept. You can use the count, log, and syslog action modifiers to record information about packets.
upvoted 1 times
webby
3 years, 5 months ago
I believe C is correct, there r two functions on firwll filter, from and then on "then" statement its saids count. so it will count, this is the instruction been given you can tell a term to look at next policy. for me its C unless count its not an action
upvoted 1 times
MD96
3 years, 5 months ago
A is correct. The default policy is only consulted as a last resort after all other specified policies are evaluated and no terminating action has been matched. In the figure shown, both terms are in the same policy. No default behaviour is used between the 2 terms.
upvoted 1 times
sjnair
3 years, 4 months ago
C is the correct answer, because the count is an action modifier and the default behaviour is accept
upvoted 2 times
yyppy
3 years, 1 month ago
The "default action" is discard for Firewall Filter ! An action modifier (like "Count") implies an implicit Accept.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...