Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam JN0-230 topic 1 question 22 discussion

Actual exam question from Juniper's JN0-230
Question #: 22
Topic #: 1
[All JN0-230 Questions]

Your company has been assigned one public IP address. You want to enable Internet traffic to reach multiple servers in your DMZ that are configured with private
IP addresses.
In this scenario, which type of NAT would be used to accomplish this task?

• A. source NAT
  • B. destination NAT
  • C. NAT without PAT
  • D. static NAT
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
wassimtrabelsi
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
B : destination NAT
upvoted 12 times
66dc178
Most Recent 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
Destination NAT (DNAT) is used to translate the destination IP address and port number of incoming packets to the corresponding private IP address and port number of the internal server that is intended to receive the traffic. When multiple internal servers need to be accessible via a single public IP address, PAT (a form of DNAT) is used to differentiate the servers based on the destination port number of the incoming packets.
upvoted 1 times
ibos8383
1 year, 8 months ago
Selected Answer: D
Static NAT maps network traffic from a static external IP address to an internal IP address or network Thus answer is D https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/nat/topics/topic-map/security-nat-static.html
upvoted 1 times
ibos8383
1 year, 8 months ago
I am sorry the answer is destination NAT, they are very similar: Mapping one destination IP address to another can also be accomplished with static NAT. Static NAT mapping allows connections to be established from either side of the gateway device, whereas destination NAT only allows connections to be established from one side. However, static NAT only allows translations from one address to another or between blocks of addresses of the same size.
upvoted 1 times
sheki2005
1 year, 10 months ago
my answer is B...Destination NAT...not sure why they selected Source NAT
upvoted 1 times
abobeida94
2 years, 4 months ago
Answer should be static NAT, idk why all the comments say dest NAT!!!
upvoted 1 times
achavessu
2 years, 6 months ago
Wouldn't it make sense to select static NAT as it permits connection establishment from the internet towards the servers? It's just a thought.... From what I know, and I don't really know much... Connection establishment from the outside world isn't really achievable by implementing dynamic NAT implementations... Just a thought, would love your feedback on this one ppl! Thanks in advance!
upvoted 1 times
learner_7061
2 years, 7 months ago
A makes no sense, it's B
upvoted 1 times
crypto
2 years, 11 months ago
How can the answer be B when source nat i sused to translate Inside Networks to one Outside Interface global IP Address, and destination NAT is used to translate OutsideIP-s to internal IP-s??? I understand that you can do the opposite and work it around but the term is exactly as it is selected... A
upvoted 1 times
crypto
2 years, 11 months ago
And 1 minute after reviewing the wording of the question it means allowing traffic from Outside to DMZ...got it :D
upvoted 1 times
abdelmunem
3 years, 1 month ago
B is correct
upvoted 1 times
devnet1970
3 years, 1 month ago
Answer B is really correct !!
upvoted 2 times
Quendall
3 years, 2 months ago
answer B!!
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...