Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 101-500 topic 1 question 116 discussion

Actual exam question from LPI's 101-500
Question #: 116
Topic #: 1
[All 101-500 Questions]

Which of the following statements are correct about the initial RAM disk involved in the boot process of Linux? (Choose two.)

• A. An initramfs is a compressed file system archive, which can be unpacked to examine its contents.
  • B. An initramfs file contains the MBR, the bootloader and the Linux kernel.
  • C. After a successful boot, the initramfs contents are available in /run/initramfs/.
  • D. The kernel uses the initramfs temporarily before accessing the real root file system.
  • E. An initramfs does not depend on a specific kernel version and is not changed after the initial installation.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AC 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
dwarf
Highly Voted 3 years, 11 months ago
For me A and D.
upvoted 30 times
cast7omadrid1
3 years, 11 months ago
I have doubts about this question, you may be right but I can't find anything to corroborate it. Where can I find this information?
upvoted 3 times
cast7omadrid1
3 years, 10 months ago
dwarf you're right
upvoted 4 times
glorofarz
3 years, 9 months ago
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_startup_process#Early_user_space
upvoted 6 times
biggydanny
3 years, 9 months ago
i think its a and d
upvoted 6 times
Mchoeti
Most Recent 1 year ago
Right it is A and D . Option C is incorrect because the contents of the initramfs are mounted in the /initrd directory during the boot process, not in /run/initramfs.
upvoted 1 times
Egorroico
1 year, 8 months ago
Selected Answer: AD
AD is correct
upvoted 1 times
n42hira
1 year, 10 months ago
Asked my teacher today he says its A + D for shure, he is a Linux Expert
upvoted 1 times
Lazylinux
1 year, 12 months ago
AD for sure..here is why The kernel will then open the initramfs (initial RAM filesystem). The initramfs is an archive containing a filesystem used as a temporary root filesystem during the boot process. The main purpose of an initramfs file is to provide the required modules so the kernel can access the “real” root filesystem of the operating system" An initramfs is a compressed file system archive, which can be unpacked to examine its contents. The kernel uses the initramfs temporarily before accessing the real root file system
upvoted 4 times
gonzaloco
1 year, 12 months ago
A and D
upvoted 2 times
marenco
2 years, 1 month ago
Just in case I have read the book, Answers A and D >> based on this >> The kernel will then open the initramfs (initial RAM filesystem). The initramfs is an archive containing a filesystem used as a temporary root filesystem during the boot process. The main purpose of an initramfs file is to provide the required modules so the kernel can access the “real” root filesystem of the operating system.
upvoted 3 times
molotov
2 years, 2 months ago
I go with A and D
upvoted 2 times
serlan
2 years, 3 months ago
A and D are correct
upvoted 2 times
McReseau
2 years, 10 months ago
A and D are correct
upvoted 2 times
MaxMer
2 years, 11 months ago
A and D are correct
upvoted 2 times
CuriousLinuxCat
3 years ago
Hmm, I thought it was A and D.
upvoted 2 times
McLaba
3 years ago
D is not 'temporaneally', it's always ready also after the boot
upvoted 1 times
MaikyCR28
2 years, 1 month ago
"The kernel will then open the initramfs (initial RAM filesystem). The initramfs is an archive containing a filesystem used as a temporary root filesystem during the boot process. The main purpose of an initramfs file is to provide the required modules so the kernel can access the “real” root filesystem of the operating system". Page 25 Official LPIC-1 101-500 book
upvoted 1 times
Chenar
3 years, 2 months ago
The Correct Answer is : A and D
upvoted 3 times
[Removed]
3 years, 8 months ago
Choose two answers but there are three correct answers (A, C and D), the temporary filesystem is created at boot time after decompress initramfs on /run/initramfs after system start and is necessary to shutdown the system, with it root filesystem can be unmounted properly.
upvoted 2 times
blk_542
1 year, 4 months ago
I agree with you. We all agree D is true, but A: not sure how to uncompressed it, but sure it is possible. Then I checked /run/initramfs and effectively files modification data matches today corresponding with boot. If someone can tell why C is not true, I'll be thankful!
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...