Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 102-500 topic 1 question 4 discussion

Actual exam question from LPI's 102-500
Question #: 4
Topic #: 1
[All 102-500 Questions]

FILL BLANK -
Which command included in NetworkManager is a curses application which provides easy acces to the NetworkManager on the command line? (Specify only the command without any path or parameters.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: nmtui

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
shoei13
Highly Voted 3 years, 9 months ago
I think nmtui is correct because it is a curses application (curses is a terminal control library for Unix-like systems, enabling the construction of text user interface (TUI) applications.) which is accessible from the command line.
upvoted 11 times
glorofarz
3 years, 9 months ago
yup, the question explicitly mentions "curses" nmtui is correct, nmcli has nothing to do with curses (got it wrong the first time around too, CURSES!)
upvoted 6 times
scorpions
Highly Voted 1 year, 11 months ago
I think nmtui is correct. "LPI-Learning-Material-102-500-en" In the command line, NetworkManager itself provides two client programs: nmcli and nmtui. Both programs have the same basic features, but nmtui has a curses-based interface while nmcli is a more comprehensive command that can also be used in scripts.
upvoted 7 times
ktuo
Most Recent 1 year, 4 months ago
nmtui is correct, I answer this today and I passed 800/800.
upvoted 6 times
Robert12
2 years, 2 months ago
The question specifies " on the command line" . nmtui is a gui whereas nmcli is command line.
upvoted 1 times
Roger95
2 years, 5 months ago
nmtui is correct https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curses_(programming_library)
upvoted 1 times
Janec20
2 years, 5 months ago
According to LPIC-1 Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide Exam 101-500 and Exam 102-500, 5th Edition , Page 438 The Network Manager tool also provides two different types of command-line tools: ■ nmtui: Provides a simple text-based menu tool ■ nmcli: Provides a text-only command-line tool
upvoted 2 times
Janec20
2 years, 5 months ago
nmtui is correct
upvoted 1 times
iwkno6
2 years, 7 months ago
nmtui is correct
upvoted 2 times
biggydanny
3 years, 8 months ago
nmtui is a curses application
upvoted 3 times
Boqon1234
3 years, 11 months ago
Correct answer is "nmcli"
upvoted 3 times
gerben
3 years, 11 months ago
wrong, nmtui is correct. https://developer.gnome.org/NetworkManager/stable/nmtui.html
upvoted 6 times
Nerestro
3 years, 9 months ago
Both can achieve exactly the same things. the main difference is the interface. nmtui gives a simple gui to work with, while nmcli takes input in the command line. As the question asks specificaly for the command line, I feel like nmcli is more correct....
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...