Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 102-500 topic 1 question 92 discussion

Actual exam question from LPI's 102-500
Question #: 92
Topic #: 1
[All 102-500 Questions]

What is true about the following command?
nmcli device wifi connect WIFIoI

• A. NetworkManager opens a new public hotspot with the SSID WIFIoI.
  • B. NetworkManager creates an unconfigured new virtual network interface named WIFIoI.
  • C. NetworkManager creates a new wifi connection WIFIoI and activates it.
  • D. NetworkManager returns an error in case the connection WIFIoI does not exist.
  • E. NetworkManager returns an error because WIFIoI is an invalid wifi device.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Thuanvd
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
D is the correct one
upvoted 13 times
blk_542
Most Recent 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
For C to be correct, it would have to be nmcli connection add type wifi con-name... D is the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
TT924
1 year, 4 months ago
This command is not for creating connection profile
upvoted 2 times
ktuo
1 year, 5 months ago
D is the correct, tested!
upvoted 2 times
ktuo
1 year, 5 months ago
D is the correct, tested!
upvoted 1 times
drliu1202
1 year, 8 months ago
"nmcli dev wifi connect SSID-Name password wireless-password" https://access.redhat.com/documentation/ja-jp/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html/configuring_and_managing_networking/connecting-to-a-wi-fi-network-with-nmcli_managing-wi-fi-connections#:~:text=nmcli%20dev%20wifi%20connect%20SSID%2DName%20password%20wireless%2Dpassword
upvoted 2 times
thanux
1 year, 9 months ago
D is the correct one, tested on RHEL7.9 [root@zmail ~]# nmcli device wifi connect WIFIoI Error: No Wi-Fi device found.
upvoted 1 times
lucaverce
1 year, 11 months ago
Yes D for sure.
upvoted 2 times
lucaverce
1 year, 11 months ago
Yes D is the correct answer, Thuanvd you're right. D. NetworkManager returns an error in case the connection WIFIoI does not exist.
upvoted 1 times
lucaverce
1 year, 11 months ago
Selected Answer: E
The SSID name "WIFIlol" make me laugh . I suppose that it does NOT exist in any environment (because not previously explicited) So the command in C is correct, but it result in an error because the WIFIlol will never respond and even if it does exist it should ask for a password before to connect and activate. That's why my choice is E
upvoted 3 times
Lazylinux
2 years ago
Selected Answer: C
I C... I am more inclined to go with C and here is why but must first admit this is crab question..i think it is there to make sure no one gets 100% Reason i say C, i had tested it on local laptop and prompts me with password and once entered correctly it activates and establishes WIFI connections BUT also those who say D are correct too because if the WIFI connection or the SSID does NOT exist then it will throw error such as "Error: No network with SSID xxxx found" where xxx can be any fictitious name you make up. Those who are saying D is ONLY because they are assuming the SSID does not exist? How do they know?! it is like chicken and the Egg which one came first SSID exists and ready or NOT
upvoted 2 times
Mokdad
2 years, 8 months ago
C is correct Man nmcli wifi connect (B)SSID [password password] [wep-key-type {key | phrase}] [ifname ifname] [bssid BSSID] [name name] [private {yes | no}] [hidden {yes | no}] Connect to a Wi-Fi network specified by SSID or BSSID. The command finds a matching connection or creates one and then activates it on a device. This is a command-line counterpart of clicking an SSID in a GUI client. If a connection for the network already exists, it is possible to bring up (activate) the existing profile as follows: nmcli con up id name. Note that only open, WEP and WPA-PSK networks are supported if no previous connection exists. It is also assumed that IP configuration is obtained via DHCP.
upvoted 2 times
exco
2 years, 9 months ago
The only correct answer is D, not C Just tested it on Ubuntu on my wifi adapter: root@ubuntu:~# nmcli device wifi connect WIFIoI Error: No network with SSID 'WIFIoL' found.
upvoted 3 times
wvdw1962
2 years, 1 month ago
replace SSID 'WIFIoL' with a SSID which is in your environment :-)
upvoted 2 times
acamp
3 years ago
Checked the man page. It should be C. If it's throwing an error it might be something specific to your computer or distro. See here: https://developer.gnome.org/NetworkManager/stable/nmcli.html
upvoted 3 times
Jcob
3 years, 1 month ago
D should be correct because I try it on debian and recieve reply "Error: No network with SSID 'Tardino' found."
upvoted 4 times
demarko
3 years, 1 month ago
[user@localhost~]$ nmcli device wifi connect WIFIoI Error: No Wi-Fi device found.
upvoted 1 times
Scipions
3 years, 3 months ago
The command finds a matching connection or creates one and then activates it on a device. Te do na' man... è la C
upvoted 4 times
Rini_Giannenzo
3 years, 3 months ago
tutto bene sulla casilina ?
upvoted 3 times
Audio00_02
3 years, 3 months ago
pure british
upvoted 3 times
inittab_ah_no
3 years, 3 months ago
google traslate
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...