Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-103 topic 5 question 18 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-103
Question #: 18
Topic #: 5
[All AZ-103 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tenant named adatum.com. Adatum.com contains the groups in the following table:

You create two user accounts that are configured as shown in the following table.

To which groups do User1 and User2 belong? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: Group 1 only -

First rule applies -

Box 2: Group1 and Group2 only -
Both membership rules apply.
References:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/manage/collections/create-collections

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Sten111
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
The given answers are correct. There is no mention in the question of either of the users being manually assigned to group 3, so neither of them will be in it as it's an assigned group (Assigned = manual assignment/ Dynamic = Automatic assignment based on the membership rule) The thing I wasn't sure about here was the second user not having a license for the 365 group, but I tried this myself and I can assign a user to a 365 group with no license. Remember that we can assign licenses to groups and don't have to assign them to individual users. The 365 license part is designed to trip you up.
upvoted 23 times
AustinY
3 years, 8 months ago
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/create-groups/office-365-groups?view=o365-worldwide You are right, no need for licencing to be in a group
upvoted 3 times
Rasi12
3 years, 4 months ago
Yes it is correct. Following is quoted from the link you mentioned. "For all the groups features, if you have an Azure AD Premium subscription, users can join the group whether or not they have an AAD P1 license assigned to them. Licensing isn't enforced. Periodically we will generate usage reports that tell you which users are missing a license, and need one assigned to them to be compliant with the licensing requirements. For example, let's say a user doesn't have a license and they are added to a group where the naming policy is enforced. The report will flag for you that they need a license."
upvoted 1 times
Penpen26
3 years, 5 months ago
Nice answer
upvoted 1 times
Nhan
Highly Voted 4 years ago
The given answer is correct. since the group1 contain dynamic user, Group3 is for the assigned user only. user2 is not in the human resource also, its dynamic user. that my logic.
upvoted 19 times
Amir1909
Most Recent 2 months, 1 week ago
Correct
upvoted 1 times
Sunnyb
1 year, 5 months ago
Answer is User 1 = Group 3 User 2 = Group 1
upvoted 1 times
Sunnyb
1 year, 5 months ago
Tip: User 1 has office 365 assigned User 2 has no office 365 assigned Its a tricky one!
upvoted 1 times
adeyhtech87
1 year, 2 months ago
Group 3 is not dynamic and nowhere in he question it talks about that User 1 / User 2 were added manually in Group 3 so it's ruled out for both users in first place. Based on the DYnamic group properties, User1 -> Group 1 & User 2 -> Group 1 & Group 2.
upvoted 1 times
nickx
3 years, 2 months ago
2nd dynamic grp rule says the user which are "notin" human resource group. "NOTIN"
upvoted 1 times
simanastasiya
3 years, 4 months ago
in exam az-104 29nov 2020
upvoted 5 times
ms_micro
3 years, 5 months ago
Answer is correct Why? Created Office 365 group, invited external user without O365 license (guest user), invitation accepted, result is that user without O365 license IS a member of O365 group. This was to prove that user CAN be a member of an O365 group without a license. Since membership type is ASSIGNED, which means "manually adding users to group and managing group membership, no membership rule can be applied", user, by no means, can automatically become a member of a group named GROUP3, without manually adding a user (or inviting her/him). I believe that we should focus only to facts stated in the question and avoid guessing what "could" be done additionally.
upvoted 3 times
AustinY
3 years, 8 months ago
Licencing is confusing... User 1 --> Group 1 only (Group 3 needs manual addition). User 2 can be Group 1 and Group 2 whether it has a licence or not. See below link. For all the groups features, if you have an Azure AD Premium subscription, users can join the group whether or not they have an AAD P1 license assigned to them. Licensing isn't enforced. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/create-groups/office-365-groups?view=o365-worldwide
upvoted 1 times
xofowi5140
3 years, 6 months ago
The group takes on the licensing of the person who creates the group (also known as the "organizer" of the group). As long as the organizer has the proper license for whatever features you want the group to have, that license will convey to the group.
upvoted 1 times
vtech
3 years, 8 months ago
Answer Given correct according to the Membership Rule: User1: is only in Group1 (Cannot be in Group2 because User1 is member of "HR" | Group3 is not applicable) User2: is in Group1 and 2 (Because City name start with "M" and not a member of HR) I hope this is clear. Thanks
upvoted 4 times
Abdelbj
3 years, 8 months ago
user2 doesn't have microsoft 365 license, so he cannot be affected to a group to microsoft 365 the correct answer for me is : user1 : group1 only user2 : group1 only
upvoted 2 times
JohnnyBGood
3 years, 8 months ago
I work with Office365 and you can be part of groups even with out a license. A license give you access to the office apps, if you take away a license, you still have an ID on the office365 portal and still in the same groups. You just don't have access to an office 365 apps to user with the group. I see that when a company terminates a user, we remove the licenses but leave the user account in case he/she's still getting e-mails. We can forward to those e-mail to another person cause the user is still in it's groups, even with no office 365 license..
upvoted 2 times
Fala_Fel
3 years, 9 months ago
The answer given is correct User 1 would need to be added manually to Group 3. The question is 'which groups do they belong to'. Not which groups 'can' they belong to. User 1 - Group 1 only User 2 - Group 1 & Group 2 (users don't need a 365 licence to join a 365 group)
upvoted 8 times
Gizdagyerek
3 years, 8 months ago
the most correct explanation.
upvoted 3 times
xfeniksx
3 years, 9 months ago
License mean nothing here. Read carefully; 'You create two user accounts that are configured as shown in the following table.' You already have groups (two with Dynamic Users and one Assigned). So, Users can be assign only for G1 and G2 (and now we need to check conditions). And based on conditions: User 1 -> G1 only ; User2 -> G1 and G2 only.
upvoted 3 times
Ausias18
3 years, 9 months ago
I copy and paste the best answer description: "Assigned" means users are added manually. "Dynamic user" means users are automatically added. For User1: Group1 & Group3 only - in Group1 as city starts with "m" - not in Group2 as department contains "human resources" - can be assigned to Group3 manually For User2: Group1 only - in Group1 as city starts with "m" and not required lc - not in Group 2 & 3 as required lc of MS 365
upvoted 3 times
car9202
3 years, 8 months ago
User1 is also having Micorosoft Office 356 assinged. Doesn't that mean he is added to Group 3?
upvoted 1 times
Saar5
3 years, 8 months ago
The question states "to which groups the users BELONG", doesn't matter if they can be added, we are speaking about an automatic process
upvoted 3 times
Abdelbj
3 years, 8 months ago
correct. So the answer is : user1 -> group1 only user2 -> group1 only
upvoted 3 times
Shades
3 years, 9 months ago
User 1 has Office 365 License, should not he be assigned to only Office 365 Group type..that leaves only Group 3 as Group 2 has a rule for Not HR User 2 doesnot have Office 365 License..should not he be just added to group1
upvoted 2 times
Shades
3 years, 9 months ago
I think it does not matter if you have license or not as I was able to add a user that doesnot have a licence to office 365 into office 365 grp..so it all boils down to assinged vs Dynamic...since in this case none of the users were assigned to any group..3rd grp is ruled out...Now User 1 is in HR so he can only be added to GRP 1, User 2 can be added to any GRP1/2 ..so the answer seems to be correct
upvoted 2 times
Shades
3 years, 9 months ago
This what I found in Microsoft link: Make sure that the users in the group(s) you choose have the appropriate licenses assigned. There's currently no validation process of these licensing requirements. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/tutorial-enable-sspr so this just proves my point that Liscensing doesnot matter as of now.
upvoted 3 times
remz
3 years, 9 months ago
Answer is Correct, Group3 is fixed and No automatic assignement exists here, unless manually assigned for user1 and user2, and this is not mentioned.
upvoted 5 times
macco455
3 years, 10 months ago
COrrect answer is User 1 is Group 1 due to city starting with M AND Group 3 due to having an office license and the group being assigned User 2 is ONLY Group 1 since city starts with M, but does not have an office license therefore is not in Group 2 or 3
upvoted 1 times
chaudh
3 years, 10 months ago
My logic: "Assigned" means users are added manually. "Dynamic user" means users are automatically added. For User1: Group1 & Group3 only - in Group1 as city starts with "m" - not in Group2 as department contains "human resources" - can be assigned to Group3 manually For User2: Group1 only - in Group1 as city starts with "m" and not required lc - not in Group 2 & 3 as required lc of MS 365
upvoted 2 times
kaviraj
3 years, 10 months ago
user1 - g1 g3 user2 - g1 g2
upvoted 4 times
hstorm
3 years, 7 months ago
User 1 is not member of group 3
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...