Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam MS-700 topic 3 question 3 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's MS-700
Question #: 3
Topic #: 3
[All MS-700 Questions]

Note: This question is part of a series of questions that present the same scenario. Each question in the series contains a unique solution that might meet the stated goals. Some question sets might have more than one correct solution, while others might not have a correct solution.
After you answer a question in this section, you will NOT be able to return to it. As a result, these questions will not appear in the review screen.
You have a Microsoft 365 subscription that contains several Microsoft SharePoint Online sites.
You need to ensure that the content stored in a SharePoint modern team site named Sales is available from Microsoft Teams. The solution must ensure that when a new channel is added to a team, a folder for the channel is created in the Sales site.
Solution: From the Microsoft Teams client, you create a new team and select Create from an existing Office 365 group or team.
Does this meet the goal?

• A. Yes
  • B. No
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️
The Sales SharePoint site will have an associated Office 365 group. We need to create a new Team from that group. That will ensure that any new channels created in the new Team will create a new folder in the Sales SharePoint site.
Reference:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-a-team-from-an-existing-group-24ec428e-40d7-4a1a-ab87-29be7d145865

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
birdman
Highly Voted 3 years, 11 months ago
The answer should be A. Modern online Team Sites have an Office 365 group. If a Team is created from that group then the site behind it becomes the file storage for that Team. When new channels are added a folder will be created. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-a-team-from-an-existing-group-24ec428e-40d7-4a1a-ab87-29be7d145865
upvoted 38 times
Logico
3 years, 11 months ago
A modern team site can also be created without a group attached, but i'm going to assume they mean the site was created with the default setting, which would include a group. I think the answer is A.
upvoted 3 times
AliceVO
3 years ago
"..Team sites that are not already connected to a group will first need to connect to a Microsoft 365 group before they can be added to Microsoft Teams." https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-a-microsoft-team-from-sharepoint-545973b6-c38f-426a-b2b6-16405a561628?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us
upvoted 2 times
Shredst0r
3 years, 11 months ago
The question explicitly refers to create a folder in the sales team, so A, creating a new team is wrong. B should be correct
upvoted 11 times
Filipecf
3 years, 10 months ago
I understand the same way. I don't see relation between creating a NEW team, and the requirement of creating channel x folder. It's possible to create a team from a group, but that's not the question. So, in my opinion "B" is the correct option.
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
2 years, 10 months ago
It actually says create a new CHANNEL in the sales team. When you create a channel, a folder in the existing SharePoint site will have a new folder pop up for each channel that gets created. I just tested this. A is correct.
upvoted 2 times
donathon
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
I physically tested this and it works. Answer is yes.
upvoted 8 times
kivo
3 years, 7 months ago
I also tested, it is yes
upvoted 1 times
Atos
Most Recent 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Correct answer should be ensure it is a standard channel type. All other answers don't make sense, especially creating a new site??? LOL. (Adding the tab makes the most sense but as the channel is under the team it still pretty irrelevant)
upvoted 1 times
MK247
12 months ago
On test 28.04.2023 (I'm not a bot you can trust me :D) - Reveal solution then check discussion and go for the high upvoted answers in discussion :)
upvoted 2 times
JamesWilliams
1 year ago
Selected Answer: R
A is correct. On exam 31/03/2023
upvoted 2 times
JamesWilliams
1 year ago
Selected Answer: B
B is correct On exam 31/03/2023
upvoted 1 times
RamTech
1 year, 2 months ago
On exam feb 15tb
upvoted 2 times
Azgeek23
1 year, 4 months ago
https://www.sharepointdiary.com/2020/02/convert-sharepoint-online-site-to-teams.html A
upvoted 1 times
nbmash
1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Confirm the possibility from client
upvoted 1 times
linmix
1 year, 8 months ago
I understand why it should be A, but I'm unhappy with the question. It specifically states " select Create from an existing Office 365 group or team" but doesn't state from what group you create it and not just any team or group will do. I know. Nitpicking, but details are important
upvoted 2 times
kejo2
1 year, 8 months ago
The answer is A. Just tested it in my lab environment and it works.
upvoted 1 times
Caphispania
1 year, 11 months ago
A for me
upvoted 1 times
itmaster
2 years ago
Answer is A. Any Team you create by default has a sharepoint site linked with it. And every channel you create inside the Team, it will by default create a folder inside sharepoint realted site. The senario in the qustion is you already have a sharepoint site, so what you need to do is to make the sharepoint site that you have as the default site for a new Team which you should create, so the solution is to create team from office 365 group and select the group of the sharepoint site that you already have. Make sense?
upvoted 1 times
Ulus
2 years, 1 month ago
The new team will have its own sharepoint site. The content of the authentic Sales site will not be copied. Creating a new team will not create a new folder in the sharepoint site of the old team.
upvoted 1 times
kmeeus
2 years, 2 months ago
A is correct, since you make a team from the existing sharepoint site. When you add a channel or so it will be available in the sharepoint site also.
upvoted 1 times
Abhishek1610
2 years, 3 months ago
I also test and Option A is correct.
upvoted 1 times
hufflepuff
2 years, 3 months ago
Answer is A
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...