Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam MD-100 topic 3 question 83 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's MD-100
Question #: 83
Topic #: 3
[All MD-100 Questions]

You have 20 computers that run Windows 10. The computers are in a workgroup.
You need to create a local user named User1 on all the computers. User1 must be a member of the Remote Management Users group.
What should you do?

• A. From Windows Configuration Designer, create a provisioning package, and then run the provisioning package on each computer.
  • B. Create a script that runs the New-ADUser cmdlet and the Set-AdGroup cmdlet.
  • C. Create a Group Policy object (GPO) that contains the Local User Group Policy preference.
  • D. Create a script that runs the New-MsolUser cmdlet and the Add-ADComputerServiceAccount cmdlet.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️
Reference:
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askpfeplat/2017/11/06/use-group-policy-preferences-to-manage-the-local-administrator-group/

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
wx78
Highly Voted 4 years, 7 months ago
A. There is no GPP in workgroup.
upvoted 34 times
Henry78
1 year, 8 months ago
There are local GPOs in workgroup
upvoted 4 times
ExquisiteFirecraft
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
Answer C seems to be correct. It is true that Group Policy Preference is a domain based instruction and all the PC's are in a workgroup. However, I was able to set up about 15 PC's in a workgroup using Local User Group Policy preferences (notice the lowercase p). Since my username had admin privileges on each machine in the workgroup, I was able to use MMC console and Group Policy snap-in to set the focus on another PC in the workgroup, and set up the same Local User Group Policy preference (again, notice the lowercase p) to create users and make them members of specific groups. Microsoft differentiates between Group Policy Preferences and Group Policy preferences. The former is an actual setting for domain-based PC's and the latter is simply user-side options/settings/configurations/customizations that can be done in a workgroup (like changing the homepage in edge, or mapping a drive).
upvoted 21 times
Aldebaran
3 years, 8 months ago
Btw....Answer C is incorrect because you can't create GPO's in a non domain environment
upvoted 4 times
airmancompsci
1 year, 2 months ago
Yes, you can, as long as you have at least Pro edition of Windows. You are not required to be joined to a domain to do that (regarding local group policy). I personally have used it a lot on my personal PCs since I am not the only one who uses it (roommates) and I don't want certain people with access to certain things, lol.
upvoted 3 times
Anthony_2770
3 years, 3 months ago
Not right.No such thing as litle p and Big P in IT.
upvoted 12 times
DaZa5
9 months, 3 weeks ago
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-r2-and-2012/dn581922(v=ws.11) In the "Group Policy Preferences" section, the following sentence can be noted: "User-configurable settings are known as preferences (note the lowercase "p")".
upvoted 1 times
AVP_Riga
3 years ago
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-r2-and-2012/dn581922(v=ws.11) Group Policy Preferences is a collection of Group Policy client-side extensions that deliver preference settings to domain-joined computers running Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems.
upvoted 1 times
Aldebaran
3 years, 8 months ago
Even if your answer achieves the same result, it is not the most user friendly way to achieve your goal. Microsoft can offer multiple correct answers but only there's only one 'best answer'. You explanation is to far fetched. There's an easier solution... Answer A !
upvoted 6 times
Nail
3 years, 7 months ago
I would tend to agree. I think you are overthinking this. I think the point here is they want to see if you know that you can't deploy group policies to computers in a workgroup. I think the best answer is A.
upvoted 4 times
Ariesss
Most Recent 8 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
May someone explain why C when they not part of a domain please?
upvoted 1 times
Selected Answer: A
Creating a Group Policy object (GPO) is not possible in a workgroup environment even if you've Windows 10 Pro, and that Answer A, using Windows Configuration Designer, is the best approach to create a local user account named User1 on all the computers that run Windows 10 in a workgroup and add it to the Remote Management Users group.
upvoted 1 times
golijat
1 year ago
From Chat-GPT Why answer A is not correct? Answer A suggests using Windows Configuration Designer to create a provisioning package and then run the provisioning package on each computer to create a local user named User1 and add it to the Remote Management Users group. While this is a valid approach for provisioning Windows 10 devices in an enterprise environment, it may not be the easiest or most practical solution for a small workgroup environment. Windows Configuration Designer is typically used to create provisioning packages that automate the deployment of Windows 10 settings, applications, and customizations across a large number of devices. However, in a workgroup environment with only 20 computers, manually copying and importing a Group Policy Object (GPO) or Local Group Policy Object (LGPO) to each computer may be a simpler and more straightforward solution. Therefore, answer A is not the best answer in this scenario, as it involves more complexity and effort than necessary.
upvoted 2 times
ChrisC21
1 year ago
Confirmed that the answer is C after verifying in Configuration Designer that the only options for user groups are standard users and administrators, not Remote Management Users. Options are under Accounts > Users > username > UserGroup. GPOs are possible in WORKGROUP computers as I am looking at 4 different one's now in the MMC.
upvoted 1 times
williamlamata
1 year, 1 month ago
CHATGPT: The correct answer is A. From Windows Configuration Designer, create a provisioning package, and then run the provisioning package on each computer. Explanation: Since the computers are in a workgroup, creating a Group Policy Object (GPO) to create the local user is not an option as GPOs are only applicable in a domain environment. Therefore, we need to use a different method to create the local user on each computer.
upvoted 1 times
fire24
1 year, 2 months ago
Answer C is correct. Just tested right now with Configuration Designer. Only Users and Administrators groups are available.
upvoted 2 times
DaZa5
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks god someone tested it....
upvoted 1 times
Barrybobslee
1 year, 7 months ago
Answer is C! A is incorrect because you cannot add the created user into a group other then users or administrators. B is incorrect because it is an AD command. D is incorrect because it is an Azure command. C is the only valid answer.
upvoted 2 times
Hatsapatsa
1 year, 3 months ago
Usergroup can be any string, not limited to users or administrators. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/wcd/wcd-accounts
upvoted 1 times
Barrybobslee
1 year, 7 months ago
A is not possible because you can only add a user to either group Administrators or Standard User. B is an AD command. D is a MS online command. Only valid answer is C.
upvoted 1 times
4Shawsy
2 years, 2 months ago
Provisioning Package is the preferred solution in this scenario
upvoted 3 times
Feras_05007
2 years, 2 months ago
A. There is no GPP in workgroup.
upvoted 2 times
JohnO1971
2 years, 2 months ago
Answer is A. No GPP in a workgroup
upvoted 3 times
IykeP
2 years, 2 months ago
The Correct Answer is A. C is incorrect as you cannot create a LOCAL user from GPO!
upvoted 2 times
Harold
2 years, 4 months ago
All the other websites also say it's C... but why? This is confusing
upvoted 1 times
encxorblood
2 years, 7 months ago
A is correct. You can not create a user with with answer C.
upvoted 2 times
dofipay721
2 years, 8 months ago
So A or C?
upvoted 1 times
mikl
2 years, 4 months ago
I would go for A surely. GPO wont fly - its a workgroup environment.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...