Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 2 question 26 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 26
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have an Azure subscription.
Users access the resources in the subscription from either home or from customer sites. From home, users must establish a point-to-site VPN to access the Azure resources. The users on the customer sites access the Azure resources by using site-to-site VPNs.
You have a line-of-business-app named App1 that runs on several Azure virtual machine. The virtual machines run Windows Server 2016.
You need to ensure that the connections to App1 are spread across all the virtual machines.
What are two possible Azure services that you can use? Each correct answer presents a complete solution.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

• A. an internal load balancer
  • B. a public load balancer
  • C. an Azure Content Delivery Network (CDN)
  • D. Traffic Manager
  • E. an Azure Application Gateway
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AE 🗳️
Network traffic from the VPN gateway is routed to the cloud application through an internal load balancer. The load balancer is located in the front-end subnet of the application.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/reference-architectures/hybrid-networking/vpn https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-overview https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-gateway/overview

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mlantonis
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
Correct Answer: A and E A: The customer sites are connected through VPNs, so an internal load balancer is enough. B: The customer sites are connected through VPNs, so there's no need for a public load balancer, an internal load balancer is enough. C: A CDN does not provide load balancing for applications, so it not relevant for this situation. D: Traffic manager is a DNS based solution to direct users' requests to the nearest (typically) instance and does not provide load balancing for this situation. E: Azure Application Gateway is a valid option, as it provides load balancing in addition to routing and security functions
upvoted 498 times
ShaulS
2 years, 5 months ago
A: what do you mean by "internal LB is enough"?
upvoted 2 times
e_karma
2 years, 4 months ago
It means that nobody is accessing the resources through public ip ..So no need of a public load balancer.
upvoted 19 times
juniorccs
2 years, 8 months ago
Very nice and complete explanation, thanks a lot!
upvoted 3 times
Vaish310
2 years, 6 months ago
Thanks
upvoted 2 times
Sh4kE
2 years, 3 months ago
But isn't answer B also an option which would suffice the requirements? It only states to load balance traffic to all VMs. It does not restrict how to access the services, even though we are already connected via vpn...
upvoted 3 times
Def21
1 year, 10 months ago
I'd say you are right. But they ask only for two answers and this would not be preferred solution.
upvoted 1 times
klexams
1 year, 10 months ago
there is a reason why people use VPN.
upvoted 1 times
zr79
2 years, 1 month ago
VMs are internal and users connect through S2S and P2S VPN. you do not want to expose your internal workloads to the internet using public LB
upvoted 2 times
mgladh
Highly Voted 3 years, 4 months ago
i would say A and E is the correct answer.
upvoted 88 times
Babatunde
3 years, 1 month ago
Agreed
upvoted 3 times
GRONDBOTTER
Most Recent 5 months, 3 weeks ago
https://youtu.be/dPdgx30w9sU?si=tC3GRFFC4-SIzIuL
upvoted 1 times
mattpaul
5 months, 4 weeks ago
I passed with these questions and many friends passed too, all questions appeared in the real exam a great study resource, contact me on [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
mattpaul
6 months ago
I passed with these questions and many friends passed too, if you want real exam questions for twenty only, contact me on [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
mattpaul
6 months, 1 week ago
pass in the first attempt with real questions, contact me [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
SefOne
7 months ago
Selected Answer: AE
No doubt about it AE
upvoted 1 times
sssishod
8 months ago
can anyone please help to send questions from contributor access to az-104, it would be really grateful. Please help send it on [email protected]
upvoted 2 times
MSCertif
6 months, 4 weeks ago
Did you get any qustions?
upvoted 1 times
Misty39
8 months, 1 week ago
Is there a good soul who would send me questions for az-104 from contributor access? mail is: [email protected] thank you so much
upvoted 1 times
kamalpur
8 months, 3 weeks ago
This question is explained in below video https://youtu.be/mQAx7GZapyE
upvoted 2 times
Mehedi007
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: AE
Passed the exam on 26 July 2023. Scored 870. Exact question came. I chose B & E in the exam, but the correct answers should be A & E. mlantonis's explanations are valid.
upvoted 5 times
itguyeu
10 months ago
I used free version access for this site and it helped me pass the exam. Some questions that I had on the exams, I took the exam more than once, are not available under the free tier access, but 80% of the questions came from here. I do recommend investing a bit of money and getting full access to this site. I didn't memorise answers but analysed them and studied as Microsoft does tweak them a bit. This Q was on the exam and the answer isA, E.
upvoted 2 times
Flippiej
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Exact question of my exam yesterday (7 May 2023).
upvoted 6 times
Madbo
1 year ago
Two possible Azure services that can be used to spread connections to App1 across all virtual machines are: A. an internal load balancer: An internal load balancer can be used to distribute traffic among the virtual machines running App1. It can distribute traffic based on various algorithms such as round-robin, least connections, and IP hash. The internal load balancer is a layer 4 (Transport Layer) load balancer that can distribute traffic within a virtual network. E. an Azure Application Gateway: An Azure Application Gateway is a layer 7 (Application Layer) load balancer that can distribute traffic based on various criteria such as URL path, host headers, and cookie. It can also perform SSL offloading, session affinity, and URL-based routing. It is typically used to route traffic to different backend services based on the incoming request's contents. It is a more advanced option than the internal load balancer but requires a public IP address.
upvoted 4 times
NJTH
1 year ago
Exactly samen question was on todays exam. (7th April 2023)
upvoted 3 times
lokii9980
1 year ago
Two possible Azure services that can be used to spread connections to App1 across all virtual machines are: A. An internal load balancer: This service can be used to distribute network traffic to virtual machines that are part of an availability set or a virtual machine scale set. It works by forwarding incoming traffic to healthy virtual machines in the backend pool. Since App1 runs on multiple virtual machines, an internal load balancer can be used to distribute the traffic evenly among them. E. An Azure Application Gateway: This service is a layer 7 load balancer that can distribute traffic based on different criteria, such as URL path or host header. It can also perform SSL offloading, web application firewall, and other features that can enhance the performance and security of web applications. Since App1 is a line-of-business app, it's likely that it runs over HTTP or HTTPS, which makes an Azure Application Gateway a suitable solution for load balancing.
upvoted 1 times
Gaskonader
1 year ago
On Exam 30/03/2023 - Scored 960 - Chose C
upvoted 1 times
Gaskonader
1 year ago
Plz ignore my copy-paste. Question was on exam, chose A+E
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...