Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 4 question 33 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 33
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-104 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have a pay-as-you-go Azure subscription that contains the virtual machines shown in the following table.

You create the budget shown in the following exhibit.

The AG1 action group contains a user named [email protected] only.
Use the drop-down menus to select the answer choice that completes each statement based on the information presented in the graphic.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: VM1 and VM2 continue to run
The budget alerts are for Resource Group RG1, which include VM1, but not VM2. However, when the budget thresholds you've created are exceeded, only notifications are triggered. None of your resources are affected and your consumption isn't stopped.
Box 2: one email notification will be sent each month.
Budget alerts for Resource Group RG1, which include VM1, but not VM2.VM1 consumes 20 Euro/day. The 50%, 500 Euro limit, will be reached in 25 days, and an email will be sent.
The 70% and 100% alert conditions will not be reached within a month, and they don't trigger email actions anyway.
Credit alerts: Credit alerts are generated automatically at 90% and at 100% of your Azure credit balance. Whenever an alert is generated, it's reflected in cost alerts and in the email sent to the account owners. 90% and 100% will not be reached though.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management-billing/costs/cost-mgt-alerts-monitor-usage-spending https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/cost-management-billing/costs/tutorial-acm-create-budgets

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mlantonis
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
Correct Answer: Box 1: VM1 and VM2 continue to run The Budget’s scope is RG1, so only VM1 will be handled. When the budget thresholds you've created are exceeded, only notifications are triggered. To stop resources, you need to setup additional things, none of which are mentioned in the question. Box 2: one email notification will be sent each month. Budget alerts have scope in Resource Group RG1, which includes VM1, but not VM2. VM1 consumes 20 Euro/day, so 20 euros * 30 days = 600 euros. The 50%, 500 Euro limit, will be reached in 25 days (25*20 = 500), so an email will be sent. The 70% and 100% alert conditions will not be reached within a month, and they don't trigger email actions anyway, because AG1 action group contains a user. Credit alerts: Credit alerts are generated automatically at 90% and at 100% of your Azure credit balance. Whenever an alert is generated, it's reflected in cost alerts and in the email sent to the account owners. 90% and 100% will not be reached though.
upvoted 330 times
Takloy
2 years, 4 months ago
Yo Da'man!
upvoted 5 times
Hyrydar
2 years, 5 months ago
Sir, you are a rock star. I learn from you.
upvoted 10 times
Hyrydar
2 years, 5 months ago
I hope addressing you as sir, is correct. If not, fill it in.
upvoted 5 times
Sharathjogi
2 years, 1 month ago
Picture perfect!
upvoted 3 times
thuylevn
2 years, 8 months ago
policy apply only RG1 (VM1). so only VM1 stop
upvoted 2 times
ivanp8571
2 years, 1 month ago
But it requires an additional configuration to shut down the VM. Budget alerts only trigger alerts
upvoted 9 times
fedztedz
Highly Voted 3 years, 4 months ago
Answer is Wrong. Correct is - VM1 and VM2 continues to run. First the Alerts is managed only for VM1 in the scope of RG1. Second, when alert hits 100%, the action group is a Azure app, which I assume a Azure logic App. It is not clear what this app does. accordingly, we can assume no action to stop the VM as a spending limit. It is just an alert. - The second answer is wrong. the alert will send an two email notification , one based on Action group AG1 and another based on the alert recipients (the admin)
upvoted 98 times
Hibs2016
3 years, 4 months ago
Do you have any links explaining your point on the email notifications? I think it would only be one email notification.
upvoted 5 times
nzwasp
3 years, 4 months ago
I selected one email based on the math, AG1 is reached but AG2 is not reached because 30 days of 20 dollars a day is only $600. Also even if AG2 was triggered it still wouldnt send out a 2nd email.
upvoted 12 times
Lkk51
2 years, 10 months ago
2nd mail is from "Alert recipient" to [email protected]
upvoted 2 times
e_karma
2 years, 4 months ago
the alert is for resoruce group AG1 only. So no need of looking to AG2
upvoted 2 times
Lapiduse
3 years, 3 months ago
Agree: - the alert will send an two email notification: one based on Action group AG1 (admin) 50% and another based on the alert recipients (user) 100% of the budget.
upvoted 5 times
thuylevn
2 years, 8 months ago
what happened if they under budget ? => so answer 1 email is correct (policy apply only for RG1)
upvoted 2 times
thuylevn
2 years, 8 months ago
when they 100% of budget will send SMS
upvoted 1 times
Takloy
2 years, 5 months ago
That's what I thought! Thanks for the clear-cut explanation.
upvoted 4 times
jaydee7
2 years, 4 months ago
Did we miss 'pay-as-you-go' Azure subscription?
upvoted 2 times
tashakori
Most Recent 1 month, 1 week ago
Given answers right
upvoted 1 times
Amir1909
2 months, 1 week ago
Correct
upvoted 1 times
AntaninaD
7 months, 1 week ago
Got this question on 09/09/23
upvoted 2 times
hebbo777
4 months, 3 weeks ago
which answer and did you passed?
upvoted 1 times
Z_MU
9 months, 1 week ago
is it me or the question is not phrased properly?! Did you notice the second question where it says "based on the current usage cost" not daily cost? If that is correct, then no email notification will be sent, did I understand it correctly?
upvoted 3 times
harisavt47
1 year, 1 month ago
These questions are phrased so bad...
upvoted 4 times
zellck
1 year, 2 months ago
1. VM1 and VM2 continue to run. 2. one email will be sent monthly. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management-billing/manage/cost-management-budget-scenario Budgets are commonly used as part of cost control. Budgets can be scoped in Azure. For instance, you could narrow your budget view based on subscription, resource groups, or a collection of resources. In addition to using the budgets API to notify you via email when a budget threshold is reached, you can use Azure Monitor action groups to trigger an orchestrated set of actions resulting from a budget event.
upvoted 1 times
klexams
1 year, 6 months ago
Box 2: 2 emails each month i.e. AG1 and Alert recipient. Whenever an alert is generated, it's shown in cost alerts. An alert email is also sent to the people in the alert recipients list of the budget. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management-billing/costs/cost-mgt-alerts-monitor-usage-spending
upvoted 2 times
GBAU
1 year, 2 months ago
But is one email going to two recipients one email or two? i.e. is the question a poorly worded question of how many email notification triggers will occur each month, or how many recipients will receive emails each month. If I send an email to 20 recipients, I don't say I sent 20 emails...
upvoted 2 times
NaoVaz
1 year, 7 months ago
1) When the maximum amount in Budget1 is reached: "VM1 and VM2 continue to run". 2) Based on the current usage costs of the virtual machines: "one email notification will be sent each month". Explanation: Budgets don't by default interact with resources when thresholds are reached. Only one email will be sent because on RG1 the VM1 will cost around 600€ (20€ per day).
upvoted 2 times
vadi123
1 year, 7 months ago
appeared in exam 9/5/22
upvoted 1 times
EmnCours
1 year, 7 months ago
Box 1: VM1 and VM2 continue to run The budget alerts are for Resource Group RG1, which include VM1, but not VM2. However, when the budget thresholds you've created are exceeded, only notifications are triggered. None of your resources are affected and your consumption isn't stopped. Box 2: one email notification will be sent each month. Budget alerts for Resource Group RG1, which include VM1, but not VM2.VM1 consumes 20 Euro/day. The 50%, 500 Euro limit, will be reached in 25 days, and an email will be sent. The 70% and 100% alert conditions will not be reached within a month, and they don't trigger email actions anyway. Credit alerts: Credit alerts are generated automatically at 90% and at 100% of your Azure credit balance. Whenever an alert is generated, it's reflected in cost alerts and in the email sent to the account owners. 90% and 100% will not be reached though.
upvoted 1 times
JacquesV
1 year, 8 months ago
In exam on 10Aug2022
upvoted 3 times
Gino_Slim
1 year, 9 months ago
Ugh...more math (lol)
upvoted 2 times
most_lenyora
1 year, 8 months ago
I feel you hahaha
upvoted 1 times
Lazylinux
1 year, 10 months ago
Given answer is WRONG correct is Box 1: VM1 and VM2 continue to run => budget scope is for VM1 ONLY and hence consider it, so if another option said VM1 running and VM2 is off then it can be correct but NOT other way round Box 2: one email notification will be sent each month. as $600 is reached which is above 500 but below 700
upvoted 2 times
manalshowaei
1 year, 10 months ago
Box 1: VM1 is turned off, and VM2 continues to run The budget alerts are for Resource Group RG1, which include VM1, but not VM2. Box 2: one email notification will be sent each month. Budget alerts for Resource Group RG1, which include VM1, but not VM2.VM1 consumes 20 Euro/day. The 50%, 500 Euro limit, will be reached in 25 days, and an email will be sent. The 70% and 100% alert conditions will not be reached within a month, and they don't trigger email actions anyway. Credit alerts: Credit alerts are generated automatically at 90% and at 100% of your Azure credit balance. Whenever an alert is generated, it's reflected in cost alerts and in the email sent to the account owners. 90% and 100% will not be reached though.
upvoted 3 times
Lazylinux
1 year, 10 months ago
Correct answer is Box 1: VM1 and VM2 continue to run => it costs 600 per month for VM1 to run and hence in 2 months will exceed the budget. Box 2: one email notification will be sent each month. => because cost 600 per month and email alert is set to 500
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...